Forbes list: World’s highest paid actor is Mark Walhberg; Shah Rukh Khan ranks 8th
Forbes list of world's highest paid actor reveals Mark Walhberg on top. The actor nudged last year's highest paid actor - Dwayne Johnson out of first place with his performance in Transformers: The Last Knight and the forthcoming Daddy's Home 2.
- Mark Walhberg knocked Dwayne Johnson out of first place.
- Three Bollywood starts made it to the list.
- Top 10 actors earned nearly three times more than top 10 actresses.
Forbes list of highest paid actors was revealed on August 23 which named Mark Wahlberg as the world’s highest paid actor.
Mark Wahlberg earned $68 million ‘pre-tax.’ “The Boston native recorded his highest-ever payday thanks to soaring fees for movies such as Transformers: The Last Knight and the forthcoming Daddy's Home 2,” the Forbes report said.
Walhberg surpassed last year’s highest paid actor – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, who currently ranks second with an estimated pay packet of $65 million.
However not far behind was Bollywood celebrity – Shah Rukh Khan who ranked eighth on Forbes list. The actor earned and estimated $38 million, as per the report.
“A quarter of this year's list hail from outside the U.S., including three stars from Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar, the report said.
Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar also made the top 10 on Forbes list of world’s highest paid actors, ranking 9th and 10th with an estimated pay packet of $37 million and $35.5 million respectively.
The report also cited a ‘gender pay gap’ between the celebrities. “The top 10 actors banked a cumulative $488.5 million--nearly three times the $172.5 million combined total of the 10 top-earning women,” the report said.
The full list as mentioned by Forbes is as follows:
1. Mark Wahlberg, $68 million
2. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, $65 million
3. Vin Diesel, $54.5 million
4. Adam Sandler, $50.5 million
5. Jackie Chan, $49 million
6. Robert Downey, Jr., $48 million
7. Tom Cruise, $43 million
8. Shah Rukh Khan, $38 million
9. Salman Khan, $37 million
10. Akshay Kumar, $35.5 million
11. Chris Hemsworth, $31.5 million
12. Tom Hanks, $31 million
13. Samuel L. Jackson, $30.5 million
14. Ryan Gosling, $29 million
15. Emma Stone, $26 million
16. Jennifer Aniston, $25.5 million
17. Jennifer Lawrence, $24 million
18. Ryan Reynolds, $21.5 million
19. Matt Damon, $21 million
20. Jeremy Renner, $19 million
21. Chris Evans, $18 million
21. Melissa McCarthy, $18 million
23. Chris Pratt, $17 million
24. Mila Kunis, $15.5 million
25. Emma Watson, $14 million
25. Emma Watson, $14 million
27. Mark Ruffalo, $13 million
28. Cate Blanchett, $12 million
29. Julia Roberts, $12 million
30. Amy Adams, $11.5 million
“The world's 20 highest-paid actors tallied a combined $720 million between June 1, 2016, and June 1, 2017, before fees and taxes,” the report added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.