SBI vs HDFC Bank vs ICICI Bank: Here is what top banks charge for ATM transactions, other services
The ATM-cum-debit card service by top banks in the country have no doubt made the life easier for account holders but this facility comes with a price as certain charges are levied for ATM transactions.
The ATM-cum-debit card service by top banks in the country have no doubt made the life easier for account holders but this facility comes with a price as certain charges are levied for ATM transactions. From largest public sector bank, State Bank of India (SBI), to big private lenders like ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank offer a few ATM transactions free of cost every month, but this free transaction facility permitted in a month depends on certain factors. These lenders also charge for issuance of debit cards and its annual maintenance. Notably, the saving account of India Post, having a network of over 1.5 lakh post offices across the country, also has extended ATM facility.
More information related ATM transaction charges by SBI, ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank are given here. The State Bank of India's official website-sbi.co.in has elabortated on various charges incurred on ATM card transactions.
1. Debit Card Issuance Charges: For Normal (Classic/Global) card, there is no charge, for Gold Debit Card, Rs 100, including service tax, is levied, and those seeking Platinum Debit Card have to pay Rs 306, including service tax.
2. Debit Card Annual Maintenance Charges are also levied at the beginning of the second year onwards. Those having Silver/Global /Yuva /Gold Debit Card have to pay Rs 150 plus service tax, for Platinum Debit Card, they need to pay Rs 200 plus service tax, and those having Pride/Premium Business Debit Card need to pay Rs 300 plus service tax.
3. For Debit Card Replacement, users have to pay Rs 204, including service tax.
4. For Duplicate PIN/ Regeneration of PIN, users have to pay Rs 51, including service tax.
5. Domestic Transaction charges: Transactions made at State Bank Group ATMs are free, but for transactions with other Bank ATMs, users need not pay any charges till 5 Transactions during a calendar month. This facility is for savings bank accounts only.
For Financial Transaction, users need to pay Rs 17, including service tax; and for Non-Financial Transactions, you need to pay Rs 6, including service tax.
According to ICICI Bank's official website-icicibank.com, various charges for ATM card usage are given below:
1. Users need to pay Joining Fee of Rs 250 + GST as applicable.
2. They also need to pay an annual Fee of Rs 250 + GST as applicable.
3. For lost card replacement, users need to pay Rs 199 + GST as applicable.
4. The cash withdrawal facility from ICICI Bank ATM is free.
5. For availing cash withdrawal facility from Non-ICICI Bank ATM, user has to pay Rs 20 per withdrawal + GST as applicable.
6. The Balance Inquiry facility at ICICI Bank ATM is free.
7. Using non-ICICI Bank ATM for Balance Inquiry, one needs to pay Rs 8 per inquiry + GST as applicable.
According to HDFC Bank's website-hdfcbank.com, various charges for ATM/Debit card transaction is given below:
1. For ATM card usage, there is no charge.
2. For ATM card replacement or replacement of a lost card, you need to pay Rs 200 plus taxes.
3. ATM card transaction charge through non HDFC Bank domestic ATMs, there is no charge and this effective from December 1, 2014.
4. For HDFC Bank Debit Card an annual fee - Regular is Rs 150 per year, plus taxes from 25th December 2014.
5. Debit Card renewal Fee- Regular is Rs 150 per year, plus taxes and it is effective from 25th December 2014.
6. For Platinum Debit Card annual fee is Rs 750 per year, plus taxes, effective from 1st June, 2015.
7. For Platinum Debit Card renewal fee is Rs 750 per year, plus taxes, effective from 1st June, 2015.
8. Debit Card replacement charges or replacement/reissuance charges for Debit Cards is Rs 200 plus applicable taxes.
9. For Regular Add-on debit card or One add-on card, there is no charge for the first year, and then Rs 150 per year, plus taxes is charged, and this effective from 25th December 2014.
10. Debit Card transaction charge through HDFC Bank ATMs, there is no charge.
11. Debit Card transaction charge for non HDFC Bank domestic ATMs, users need not pay for first 5 transactions across all cities; but transactions over and above free limit will be charged like, for cash withdrawal Rs 20 plus applicable taxes, effective from 1st November 2017, and for non-financial transaction, Rs 8.5 plus applicable taxes will be charged, effective from 1st November 2017.
12. For PIN regeneration, users have to pay Rs 50 plus taxes.
13. Four Cash transactions are free per month
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.