- Dalal Street Voice: Who will make money in 2022? S. Naren decodes ABCDEF of investing
- Vedant Fashions IPO: Price band fixed at Rs 824-866; issue opens on February 4
- A ‘Humble’ US Fed in January meeting, likely to be ‘Nimble’ footed for the March interest rate hike
- Budget 2022 Expectations: What electric vehicle industry demands from FM Nirmala Sitharaman; Here is the wishlist
- Kotak Mahindra Bank q3 result: PAT jumps 31% YoY to Rs 3,403 crore in December
Elon Musk's Tesla Motors all set to make its India debut
World's most renowned electric carmakar Tesla Motors is all set to make its entry into the Indian market this summer, its chief executive Elon Musk said.
An indivudual named Ishan Goel asked Musk about Tesla's plans for an India launch. To which, Musk replied, "Hoping for summer this year."
@goel_ishan Hoping for summer this year
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 7, 2017
TESLA To Arrive in India This Summer , Tweets Elon Musk pic.twitter.com/gFOmXuNqHQ
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) February 8, 2017
In April 2016, Musk had said that Tesla Motors is aiming to enter this Indian market in 2017. He had said that the company is working on the exact date of its launch in India. He, however, had promised that the company would be present in India before the production of its latest Model 3 begins.
Tesla Motors, in April 2016 had unveiled the much awaited Model 3 priced at $35000 (Rs 23 lakh approx) and said that it would enter India with the car. Though the company will begin global roll-out of the vehicle in late 2017, it has started taking orders at the starting price of $35,000 (approximately Rs 23.2 lakh).
Model 3 is Tesla's most affordable car yet and achieves 215 miles of range per charge.
In September 2015, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had visited Tesla's facility in San Jose and had shown interest in Tesla's efforts in renewable energy sector. Indian government and Tesla is currently in talks to set up its battery factory in India.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.