After VG Siddhartha body found floating in river, this is what top cop said about Cafe Coffee Day owner's case - 5 points
The Mangalore Police Commissioner Sandeep Patil said, "We have found the body. It needs to be identified, we have already informed family members, for further, we are shifting the body to Wenlock hospital."
Even as missing Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) founder-owner VG Siddhartha's body has been found on the banks of Netravati River near Hoige Bazaar today, Mangalore Police Commissioner Sandeep Patil said that further probe will be carried out in the case. The Police Commissioner said that the family members have been informed about recovering of the body. Here are 5 key points that he made:
1. The Mangalore Police Commissioner Sandeep Patil said, "We have found the body. It needs to be identified, we have already informed family members, for further, we are shifting the body to Wenlock hospital."
2. Significantly, to clear all doubts, the Police Commissioner added, "We will continue further investigation".
3. Top cop said, "Siddhartha's body was found early this morning by two fishermen."
4. He concluded, "This is about 500 metres away from the road bridge from where he alleged to have jumped into the river on Monday night."
5. He also revealed that the body was found around 6.30 am today.
Watch Zee Business Live TV
Notably, it has also been revealed that family members have identified the body as being that of VG Siddhartha. Ullal Congress legislator and former minister U.T. Khadar said, "The body has been shifted to the state-run Wenlock hospital mortuary here for autopsy. It will be handed over to Siddhartha`s family and taken to Chikkamgaluru for the last rites".
He added, "It was identified to be Siddhartha`s with a gold ring on his right hand finger, a digital watch on his left hand and shoes he was wearing when he appears to have jumped off the road bridge."