- No petrol, diesel if you fail to produce PUC certificate at fuel stations from THIS date
- Bharti Airtel is first telecom company to launch 5g service in India; where do Jio, Vodafone Idea stand?
- 5G Services Launch Event Highlights - Jio 5G services across India by December 2023; Airtel to cover entire country by March 202
- Vikram Vedha Box Office Collection Day 1: How much money Hrithik Roshan, Saif Ali Khan-starrer made on first day
- UPI transactions jumps over 3% at 678 crore in September
New Google Chrome Extension to keep your passwords safe: Here is how to install it
Most tech savvy people take required steps to make sure that their data is safe. These practices include not reusing a password and using password managers for better protection. But, the practices aren't that popular among common people.
All the major tech giants are under a lot of pressure to combat against the cases of data breach. Most tech savvy people take required steps to make sure that their data is safe. These practices include not reusing a password and using password managers for better protection. But, the practices aren't that popular among common people. To help them, search engine Google has introduced a nifty new Chrome extension that will help users sync with data breaches. The extension will also suggest users to change their password if the details are compromised.
In a blog post on Tuesday, Google said that the new Password Checkup Chrome extension is now live on the Chrome Web Store and can be downloaded by anyone. The extension is expected to help users who do not track their data and are more prone to data breaches. The extension will alert them that the login information has been compromised and will suggest a password change.
“We built Password Checkup so that no one, including Google, can learn your account details. To do this, we developed privacy-protecting techniques with the help of cryptography researchers at both Google and Stanford University,” Google wrote in the blog post.
How to install new Google Password Checkup extension? Check step-by-step guide:-
1. Open Google Chrome on your system.
2. Go to Chrome Web Store.
3. Tap 'Add to Chrome' to install the extension.
4. Once installed, a screen shield icon will appear on the top right.
Over the last few years, Google has taken a number of steps to improve its security. But, this is the first time when the company has improved the security of Google sign-in for third-party platforms. Google will also notify apps and websites where you have used your Google credentials about the breach.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.