Aarogya Setu App for Coronavirus: What it is? How it works? Modi government's tool to assess, alert people
The App's name is 'AarogyaSetu'. Here are key things to know:-
A mobile app has been launched by Modi government to help people assess by themselves the risk of catching coronavirus infection and alert authorities if they have come in close contact with a person infected with the deadly virus. The App's name is 'AarogyaSetu'. Here are key things to know:-
- The app will detect only fresh cases
- It will send out alerts to only those who have been near the infected person
- It will enable people to assess by themselves the risk of catching the coronavirus infection
- It will calculate this based on their interaction with others, using cutting edge bluetooth technology, algorithms and artificial intelligence
- If a person is clinically tested positive with coronavirus infection, the mobile number of the infected person is included in the register maintained by the health ministry and will be updated on the app as well
- Once installed in a smartphone through an easy and user-friendly process, the app detects other devices with AarogyaSetu installed that come in the proximity of that phone
- The app can then calculate the risk of infection based on sophisticated parameters if any of these contacts are tested positive
-The App will help the government take necessary timely steps for assessing the risk of spread of COVID-19 infection, and ensuring isolation where required
-Available in 11 languages, the App is ready for pan-India use from day-1 and has highly scalable architecture
- The mobile app has been developed in a public-private partnership to bring the people of India together in a resolute fight against COVID-19
The government has announced a 21 lockdown starting March 24 and appealed to everyone to maintain social distancing to avoid the risk of getting infected with the deadly virus which has killed over 40,000 people globally and 50 in India. As on date, 2,116 people in the country have been diagnosed with the coronavirus infection out of which there are 150 have been cured or discharged and 1,764 cases remain active.
The government said that privacy is priority for the app users and the personal data collected by the app is encrypted and will stay secure on the phone till it is needed for facilitating medical intervention.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.