- Tata Motors to buy Ford India's Sanand factory for Rs 726 crore
- At NITI meet, PM Modi gives mantra of 3Ts, modernising agriculture to Chief Ministers in big push for 'Atmanirbhar Bharat'
- Majority of employees want hybrid work, not work from office - An insight
- Oil slides further amid recession fears, slow recovery in China imports
- Commonwealth Games schedule India day 11, August 8
PAN Card-Aadhaar Card Linking: Deadline is March 31; Here's how to link PAN-Aadhaar online, offline and via SMS
PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking: The deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking is March 31. The Income tax department says on its official website that it is mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar and it must be completed till March 31, 20219.
PAN Card-Aadhaar Card linking: The deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking is March 31. The Income tax department says on its official website that it is mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar and it must be completed till March 31, 20219. "Aadhaar-PAN linking is mandatory now which has to be completed till 31.3.2019 by the PAN holders requiring the filing of Income Tax Return. The constitutional validity of Aadhaar has been upheld by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in September 2018. Consequently, in terms of Section 139AA of Income Tax Act., 1961 and order dated 30.6.2018 of the Central Board of Direct Taxes, Aadhaar-PAN linking is mandatory now which has to be completed till 31.3.2019 by the PAN holders requiring the filing of Income Tax Return," says the department's official website.
Over the last several months, the Income Tax depart has been issuing advertisements in newspapers in this regard. However, there are scores of PAN users who have not yet completed the linking process. As only two days are left for PAN-Aadhaar linking, here's a look at three ways you can link Aadhaar with PAN.
PAN-Aadhaar linking Online
1. Visit the official Income Tax website at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. On the left side on the homepage of the website, you will see "Quick Links". Here, you will see "Link Aadhaar" button. Click on it and you will be taken to the "Link Aadhaar" page.
2. On the "Link Aadhaar" page, you can see a "Click here" button in red on the top left to check if your PAN-Aadhaar are linked on not. In case, they are not linked, enter your PAN, Aadhaar, Name details and Captcha in the following boxes.
3. Click on the "Link Aadhaar" button available at the bottom after putting all details in the boxes above.
4. If there is any name or date of birth-related problems in your Aadhaar, then get it first corrected through UIDAI website or authorised Aadhaar centres.
Watch this Zee Business News
1 अप्रैल से बदलने वाला हैं बहुत कुछ, आपकी जिंदगी में क्या इसका होगा असर ? देखिए #ZeeBusiness की खास रिसर्च।@AnilSinghviZEE @poojat_0211 @DKALRA81 @sandeepgrover09 @devganrajat9 @devanshiashar pic.twitter.com/F9Ns4TTAXj
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) March 29, 2019
PAN-Aadhaar linking Offline: At PAN Centre
You can also visit an authorised PAN centre for PAN-Aadhaar linking. At the centre, you will have to pay up to Rs 25-Rs110 and the photocopy of your PAN card. The address of your nearest PAN centre can be found at " tin-nsdl.com/pan-center.html". Here, you will have to select the state and the city, or the nearest place to get the information about your nearest PAN centre.
PAN-Aadhaar linking via SMS
For PAN-Aadhaar linking via SMS, send a message on 567678 or 56161. In the message box of your mobile, type UIDPAN <Aadhaar> <PAN> and send the message to these numbers. After sending the message, your PAN and Aadhaar will be linked automatically. In case of failure, you would be informed by the Income Tax department through SMS.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.