PAN-Aadhaar linking deadline extended by Government: Here is the new date
It is important to note that this is the seventh time when the government has extended the deadline for the public to link both the documents. Earlier, the last date to link both the documents was September 30th.
PAN-Aadhaar linking: The government on Saturday extended the last date to link PAN or Permanent Account Number with the Aadhaar number. According to the notification issued by the Finance Ministry, the new deadline for linking the Aadhaar number with PAN will be December 31, 2019. It is important to note that this is the seventh time when the government has extended the deadline for the public to link both the documents. Earlier, the last date to link both the documents was September 30th.
The Supreme Court had in September last year declared the Aadhaar scheme as constitutionally valid and made it mandatory to link PAN and Aadhaar for all official purposes. Also, in the first Budget of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's second term, the government announced the interchangeability of Aadhaar with PAN under income tax rules, which now allows filing income tax returns by quoting Aadhaar instead of PAN.
Steps to check PAN card - Aadhaar card linking status:
1. To check the status the individual needs to first visit the e-filing website ie. www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
2. After which they need to click on the link which says 'Quick Links', click option 'Link Aadhaar' on the left side of the page.
3. A new page will display click on the top of the page which says 'Click here to view the status if you have already submitted Link Aadhaar request'.
4. On the next page, you will be required to fill in your details like PAN and Aadhaar numbers.
5. Enter your details and click 'View Link Aadhaar Status'.
5. After which your status will be shown, whether the PAN is linked Aadhaar or not.
6. If your PAN is linked to Aadhaar, then the page will display a message saying, “Your PAN is linked to Aadhaar number xxxx xxxx xxxx”.
To facilitate easy updation of Aadhaar card, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has also opened new Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK) in seven cities in the country. As per the finance ministry notification, every person who has been allotted a PAN and who is eligible to get an Aadhaar number has to link the two together.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.