How to make Provident Fund (PF) online nomination, submit details
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) subscribers can submit their Provident Fund (PF) account's nomination details online.
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) subscribers can submit their Provident Fund (PF) account's nomination details online. For doing this, they need to visit the official portal - https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in. Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is the mandatory contribution by the employee towards his/her retirement savings. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) runs three social security schemes for employees engaged in the Industries and establishments. The official EPFO portal says, "The women employees are also given benefits at par and there are special benefits for the employees who had to leave the present job due to physical incapacitation."
The EPFO rules say that it is important for subscribers to nominate members who can withdraw the EPF savings in the event of subscribers' sudden demise. The EPF subscribe can make more than one nominations and also fix the percentage of sharing among all such nominees.
EPFO Online Nomination
A subscriber needs to have an active Universal Account Number (UAN) for availing the online nomination facility. Also, their Aadhaar should be linked to the EPF account. A subscriber needs to follow these steps for online nomination facility:
1. Visit EPFO portal and log in with UAN and password
2. Click the 'Manage' tab, then go to e-nomination option.
3. The EPFO website will no show you details like UAN, name, date of birth, gender. You need to provide 'current and permanent address' details on this window then click 'Save'.
4. Now, click on 'Yes' to update the family declaration. After this, go to 'add family member(s) and add details of your family members whom you want to nominate. You will have to enter nominees' names, date of birth, relation and address. More nominees can be added by clicking on 'Add Row'. If the nominee is a minor then you need to assign a guardian.
5. Now, go to nomination details and enter the amount of share among the nominees. In case of a single nominee, declare share as 100%.
6. Now, click on the 'Save EPF nomination' to save all the details you have entered. After this, click 'e-sign' button to receive an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number. The Aadhaar e-signing is necessary for getting the e-nomination form approved.
Watch this Zee Business News
ZEE Media presents #TransformTruckers Abhiyaan, an initiative to acknowledge the people who literally drive the wheels of Indian economy. It's an attempt to highlight the trials and tribulations truck drivers face & how all stakeholders can make their lives better. pic.twitter.com/GcVdzbtxTI
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) February 28, 2019
7. Once you enter the OTP, e-nomination will get registered with the EPFO. You won't have to send a physical document to the employer or the ex-employer after completing the online nomination process.