Has your pension been delayed? This could be the reason
Life Certificate is a required for every pensioner to present to his/her bank to receive the disbursement of the pension.
Did you not receive your pension in March or April month? It can be frustrating, but there must be a mistake which you have done and not aware of. After years of hard work, one reaps the benefit of all those years through his or her pension. After retirement, generally every government employee receives a pension from the center. However, there are also certain cases, when a employees pension is transferred to the nominee after demise. In both the situation whether an employee receives a pension or the nominee, there is one form which needs to be filed every year in the month of November. If this is not done, well that's the reason why you are not receiving your pension.
In cases, when one does not receives their pension on the estimated time duration. Chances are that one might have not presented their Life Certificate / Non – Employment Certificate or Employment Certificate to the bank in the month of November. This is a compulsory requirement for every pensioner to receive the disbursement of the pension without any interruptions.
So, how can one furnish their Life Certificate / Non – Employment Certificate or Employment Certificate to the bank? Here are some ways one can implement to negate the chances of break in obtaining pension.
1. The pensioner can present himself/herself at any branch of the pension paying bank, to be identified for issue of life certificate.
2. Bank officials can visit the pensioner's address for issuance of life certificate if the pensioner as a serious illness, incapacitation etc.
3. Over the counter submission of life certificates are often misplaced and hence cause a delay in obtaining pension. Agency banks are strictly instructed to make duly signed acknowledgements mandatory.
4. Agency banks are also requested to enter receipt of Life Certificate in their Core Banking Systems (CBS) and system generated acknowledgement, which will serve the twin purpose of acknowledgement.
5. The pensioner can also present his or her Jeevan Pramaan, which is a digital life certificate introduced by the Government of India. To obtain this, the pensioner must enroll through bio-metrics and Aadhaar number, by downloading the life certificate from https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/
6. Pension paying banks can obtain data of their pensioner customers by logging in the above mentioned website and searching for the life certificate there or downloading through Core Banking Systems.
7. Pensioner also have the option of sending the link of their digital life certificate through email and SMS to their pension paying banks.
(By Ruchika Goswamy)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.