EPF e-nomination facility: Link Aadhaar with EPFO account; check how to avail and benefits
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) members can use the e-nomination facility launched by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
Employee Provident Fund (EPF) members can use the e-nomination facility launched by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The EPF members whose Aadhaar is linked and verified on the member sewa portal can avail this facility. According to the notification issued by the EPFO, this facility will help EPF members in various ways. The e-nomination facility helps the EPF members filing online pension claims and also helps in the actuarial valuation of the pension fund.
The facility has been developed by C-DAC. Members can avail of the facility by logging onto the EPFO's member sewa portal. This facility can only be availed by the members having who have their Aadhaar number linked with portal. They can file their nomination online. The notification stated that in order to use this facility the members have to ensure that their Universal Account Number or UAN is activated on the portal.
Steps for filing e-nomination by EPFO members:
1. The form can be filed by the member on the UAN member portal.
2. The member has to first activate his UAN account on UAN member portal. The process of activation has been explained in the User Manual, which is available on EPFO website through Homepage >> UAN services >> UAN Manual Ver 1.1 (For Members).
3. The members can file online nomination form through UAN member portal which is available through Homepage >> UAN services >> UAN Member Portal or directly through - uanmembers.epfoservices.in.
4. The member has to login by enteringhis UAN and password.
5. The facility of filing nomination form can be accessed through the link Nomination Form under the tab Profile>>Edit Nomination
6. On clicking link Nomination Form, options for UAN, Member ID, Establishment ID, Name, Date of Birth, Father/ Spouse
name, Relationship, Date of Joining, Gender, Marital Status would be auto-populated from database and are non-editable.
7. The editable fields on this page are Permanent Address and Present Address.
8. For nomination details against each nominee, KYC detail have to be provided by the member.
9. Total share for all PF/EDLI Nominees should add to 100 percent.
10. After UPDATE, click on nomination declaration check box, GENERATE PDF.
11. After checking the generated pdf, click on “Submit to Employer for Approval”.
12. The member should take a printout of the PDF file and submit it to the employer after self attest it
A dashboard has been provided to the EPFO members. The members who have not yet filed e-nomination, among other things, will be displayed in the dashboard.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.