From global cues to IKIO Lighting IPO update: 10 things to know before the opening bell today
Indian equity benchmarks Nifty50 and Sensex are likely to start Wednesday's session in the green. Here's a list of 10 things you need to know before Dalal Street resumes trading.
Indian equity benchmarks Nifty50 and Sensex are likely to start Wednesday’s session on a marginally higher note, as indicated by Singapore Exchange (SGX) Nifty futures, amid largely positive moves across other major markets across the globe. Investors await the outcome of the RBI Governor-led Monetary Policy Committee's bi-monthly deliberations due on June 8 for domestic cues.
Stay tuned on Zeebiz.com to find out what could impact your trade today. We have collated a list of the top 10 things to know that could impact the market:
- SGX Nifty futures: SGX Nifty futures — an early indicator of the Nifty index — were up 37.5 points or 0.2 per cent at 18,716.5 at the last count ahead of the opening bell on Dalal Street.
- Asian markets: Equities in other major Asian markets began the day on a mixed note, with MSCI's broadest index of Asia Pacific shares outside Japan rising 0.6 per cent. Japan’s Nikkei 225 was down around one per cent, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng up around 1.5 per cent, China’s Shanghai Composite up 0.2 per cent and by South Korea’s KOSPI up 0.3 per cent.
- Wall Street: Overnight in the US, the three main equity indices finished with mild gains helped by some advances in economically-sensitive sectors as investors awaited inflation data from the world's largest economy and the outcome of the Federal Reserve's policy meet next week.
- Rupee vs dollar: The rupee consolidated in a narrow range before settling stronger by three paise at 82.60 against the US dollar on Tuesday.
- Dollar index: The US dollar gained against the euro and the yen on Tuesday as investors focused on the likelihood of the Fed continuing with rate hikes. The Australian dollar jumped after the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) surprised with a rate increase.
- Crude oil: Crude oil prices eased one per cent per cent on Tuesday as worries that sluggish global economic growth could reduce energy demand outweighed Saudi Arabia's pledge to deepen output cuts.
- IKIO Lighting IPO: The initial public offer (IPO) of LED lighting solution provider IKIO Lighting finished the first day of the bidding process, on Tuesday, with a subscription of 1.6 times the shares on offer. The Rs 607-crore IPO, comprising fresh issuance as well as an offer for sale, received bids for 2.4 crore shares as against the 1.5 crore shares on offer, according to exchange data.
- NSE raises price band of four Adani group stocks: The bourses raised the circuit limits applicable to four Adani group stocks: Adani Power, Adani Transmission, Adani Wilmar and Adani Green.
- Q4 results review: India Inc's revenue grew 11.4 per cent in the March quarter but operating profit margins contracted by 1.3 per cent, according to ratings agency Icra. All the sectors reported revenue growth, with the aviation, hotels, ports and jewellery spaces leading the pack, it said.
- FII, DII flow: Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) net purchased Indian shares worth Rs 385.7 crore on Thursday whereas domestic institutional investors (DIIs) were net sellers to the tune of Rs 489 crore, according to provisional exchange data.
(With inputs from agencies)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.
IND vs NED Free Live Streaming: When and How to Watch India vs Netherlands ODI World Cup 2023 warm-up Match Live on Web, TV, mobile apps online
Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): Know how much return you will get on investment from Rs 1 to Rs 15 lakh in SCSS
ONGC, Oil India under pressure after Centre's windfall tax move; MGL, Gujarat Gas rise post-gas price hike
Gold and Silver price today (October 3, 2023): Precious metal futures trade under pressure; Gold below Rs 57,000
Traders' Diary: Buy, sell or hold strategy on Jubilant FoodWorks, RVNL, LTIMindtree, Federal Bank, AU Small Finance Bank, other a dozen other stocks today
From Maruti Suzuki to Tata Motors: Here's how top auto makers fared in terms of sales in September 2023
Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues