What is Janta Curfew? Modi's super-amazing call to decimate coronavirus! Check date, timings and how to follow it
Janta Curfew: PM Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the nation and talked about issues relating to COVID-19 and the efforts to combat it.
Janta Curfew: PM Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed the nation and talked about issues relating to COVID-19 and the efforts to combat it. PM Narendra Modi spoke on how to arrest the coronavirus spread and defeat the disease. PM Modi, during his address, asked people to follow the Janta Curfew. So, what is this Janta Curfew? What are its date and timings? And, most importantly, how to follow it? Here are all the details you should be aware of as a responsible Indian citizen:-
- PM Narendra Modi asked countrymen to follow Janta Curfew during his address to the nation. During this Janta Curfew, one should not step out of home, as it will help curb the spread of coronavirus
- Timings of Janta Curfew: On 22nd March, from 7 am to 9 pm, all countrymen should follow 'Janta Curfew'
- Modi said for last 2 months, millions are working day and night in hospitals and airports and those serving others by not taking care of themselves.
- On Mar 22, at 5'o clock, we should stand in our doorways, balconies, in our windows and keep clapping hands and ringing the bells for 5 mins to salute and encourage them.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a fervent appeal to all Indians to stay indoors as much as possible to avoid getting infected by coronavirus, saying the world has never seen a danger as grave as this.
- He called for 'Janta curfew' on March 22 from 7 am-9 pm, saying no citizen, barring those in essential services, should get out of house.
FULL VIDEO of SPEECH
"Even World War I and II did not affect as many countries as coronavirus has done," Modi said in a national broadcast. Asking people to sacrifice "some weeks of yours, some time of yours", Modi said given that coronavirus has no cure yet, the only way to stay safe is to stay indoors. "I request all people in country to get out of house only when it is extremely necessary, try and do all work from home," he added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.