What is e-PAN card? How to apply for it using Aadhaar KYC
PAN card is a very useful document for paying taxes and various other financial transactions. Unlike earlier when physical PAN card was the only option, now you can get digitally signed PAN card.
PAN card is a very useful document for paying taxes and various other financial transactions. Unlike earlier when physical PAN card was the only option, now you can get digitally signed PAN card. e-PAN is digitally-signed PAN card issued in electronic format by the Income Tax Department using Aadhaar e-KYC. This is a completely paperless facility and everything is done electronically.
PAN application for instant allotment of e-PAN through Aadhaar e-KYC is allowed only through Income Tax Department e-filing website -- incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. After applying online for the e-PAN card, a 15 digit acknowledgement number will be generated and the acknowledgement number can be used to check status of the document on e-Filing Portal.
The authorities do not issue physical PAN card, only e-PAN PDF can be downloaded from the e-filing portal after successful allotment of PAN.
e-PAN card applicants must know these things:
1. Intimation of allotment of PAN will is given to the applicant through SMS and email. e-PAN are issued in the shortest possible time after allotment of PAN, and can be downloaded through Income Tax Department e-filing portal by providing the acknowledgement number and the OTP.
2. One must update the active mobile number in Aadhaar card to apply for e-PAN.
3. One can regenerate OTP by resubmitting the Aadhaar e-KYC.
4. The applicants need not to submit any physical papers, this is a completely paperless facility and everything is done electronically.
5. This facility is available to individual PAN applicants who have been allotted an Aadhaar number by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
5. The facility of allotment of instant e-PAN is not available for minor applicants.
6. Scanned image of applicant's signature has to be uploaded in the prescribed size and format.
7. There is no fee to apply for an e-PAN card using Aadhaar KYC.