- Dalal Street Voice: Who will make money in 2022? S. Naren decodes ABCDEF of investing
- Vedant Fashions IPO: Price band fixed at Rs 824-866; issue opens on February 4
- A ‘Humble’ US Fed in January meeting, likely to be ‘Nimble’ footed for the March interest rate hike
- Budget 2022 Expectations: What electric vehicle industry demands from FM Nirmala Sitharaman; Here is the wishlist
- Kotak Mahindra Bank q3 result: PAT jumps 31% YoY to Rs 3,403 crore in December
Odisha govt extends daily working hours to 12 in factories
The Odisha government has extended the working time in factories from 8 hours to 12 hours a day to ensure that production is not affected due to availability of lesser workforce in view of COVID-19 scare, an official said on Friday
The Odisha government has extended the working time in factories from 8 hours to 12 hours a day to ensure that production is not affected due to availability of lesser workforce in view of COVID-19 scare, an official said on Friday.
Taking into consideration the representations by certain industries and industry associations, the state has decided to provide certain relaxations for industrial and commercial activities, Information and Public Relations Secretary Sanjay Kumar Singh said.
He said no an adult worker shall be allowed or required to work in a factory for more than 12 hours daily and 72 hours in a week.
The daily working hours of adult factory workers shall be so fixed that no one works for more than six hours before he gets at least half an hour for rest.
The total working hours shall not exceed 13 hours, he said.
No female workers shall be allowed or required to work in a factory between 7 pm and 6 am, unless specifically permitted by the government in this regard.
Additional four hours of overtime wages per day shall be paid as prescribed under Section 59 of the Factories Act subject to an overtime limit of 24 hours per week, said Singh.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Other guidelines under COVID-19 will be observed scrupulously.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.