- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
No Aadhaar? Forget gas cylinder subsidy! Here is how to link LPG with Aadhaar online, via SMS and IVRS
The procedure to link Aadhaar Card to your LPG connection can be done online, call centres, IVRS (Interactive voice response) SMS and Postal.
Aadhaar LPG Linkage: The 12-digit biometric Aadhaar number brings in greater transparency and security, as per government. Currently, the Aadhaar is not only an important information tool, but is also an access to a host of services like filing for income tax return (ITR), applying for Permanent Account Number (PAN) and many other investment schemes. Apart from Aadhaar, the Indian government also ensures that, every home has an LPG cylinder. Although Aadhaar card is not necessarily needed for having an LPG connection. But in order to enjoy the subsidized gas connection, it is of utmost important that you link your Aadhaar card with LPG connections.
Hence, linking Aadhaar number with LPG connection, helps a citizen to avail subsidised gas directly, which generally comes at a lower market price compared to the non-subsidised ones.
In the month of February 2019, a subsidized 14.2 KG LPG cylinder is sold at Rs 493.53 in Delhi, Rs 496.57 Kolkata, Rs 491.19 in Mumbai and 481.34 in Chennai. Whereas the non-subsidized price for 14.2 KG cylinder is at Rs 659 in Delhi, Rs 683 in Kolkata, Rs 630 in Mumbai and 673 in Chennai.
There is also a higher LPG cylinder of 19 KG sold for Rs 1170.50 in Delhi, 1217.50 in Kolkata, Rs 1117 in Mumbai and Rs 1267.50 in Chennai.
Here's how you can link Aadhaar with LPG connection!
1. One can link their Aadhaar number to their LPG connection by simply visiting the web page. https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSelfSeedingpds.aspx
2. Fill in your postal address mentioned in your Aadhar Card.
3. Enter your Aadhar No, email-id and mobile no. The OTP will be received in the mentioned mobile number.
4. Select 'LPG' as type of benefit and then select the service provider such as the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Limited (BPCL).
5. Select the name of your distributor and then enter your consumer number. The consumer name will appear next to the text field.
6. After filling the necessary details, click on submit.
7. A dialogue box will appear asking for the one time password or OTP received on the mentioned mobile number.
8. Enter the security text and click on save to submit your request.
Interactive voice response (IVRS)
Dial your service provider's number and follow the IVRS instructions. The list of numbers for each district can be found here,
- For IOCL / Indane: http://indane.co.in/sms_ivrs.php
- For HPCL / HP Gas: http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/hpanytime
- For BPCL / Bharatgas: http://www.ebharatgas.com/pages/Customer_Care/CC_IVRSInfo.html
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) February 25, 2019
SMS on your service provider's number. The list of numbers can be found on the following links,
- For IOC / Indane consumers: http://indane.co.in/sms_ivrs.php
- For HPC / HP Gas consumers : HP ANY TIME No. e.g for State AP 9666023456
- For BPC / Bharatgas consumers: 57333 (All India), 52725 (Vodafone, MTNL, Idea, Airtel & Tata users)
Aadhaar number can be linked with the LPG connection by simply calling on the call centre number 18000-2333-555 and following the procedures provided by the operator.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.