- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
Kolkata Metro train disrupted, services hit between Dum Dum and Belgachia stations
The passengers were evacuated, and a truncated service was being run from Kavi Subhas to Girish Park stations
The Kolkata Metro Railway services were partially disrupted on Wednesday after a train got stuck between Dum Dum and Belgachia stations following a power supply breakdown, an official said.
The Kavi Subhas-bound metro got stuck after power supply from the third rail stopped.
The passengers were evacuated, and a truncated service was being run from Kavi Subhas to Girish Park stations.
Watch This Zee Business Video
Senior metro railway officials, Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel, disaster management teams and a Kolkata police contingent were at the spot.
"The incident took place as the power supply from the third rail had stopped. Since power from the third trail is required for the metro to run, the train automatically came to a stop. The passengers were evacuated," said Indrani Banerjee, Chief Public Relations Officer, Kolkata Metro Railway.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.