- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
India needs 2,300 civil aircraft by 2040, says Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu
"Aviation sector is not just growing, but booming by almost 20 per cent month-on-month. We have 103 operational airports and will add 100 more in the coming years to connect even remote parts of the country," the Minister said.
As India races to be the front-runner in the civil aviation sector, the country would need 2,300 new planes over the next 20 years, said Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu on Wednesday. "We are drawing an action plan to build an ecosystem for making civil aircraft in the country, as we need 2,300 new planes to fly thousands of more passengers and ship tonnes of cargo," Prabhu said at the inaugural event of the 12th edition of the five-day biennial Aero India air show here.
As the aviation sector is booming at about 20 per cent month-on-month, the country needs more airports. "Aviation sector is not just growing, but booming by almost 20 per cent month-on-month. We have 103 operational airports and will add 100 more in the coming years to connect even remote parts of the country," the Minister said.
Watch This Zee Business Video
The growing civil aviation ecosystem has the potential to attract an investment of $65 billion, he added. "People from small villages are also becoming air travellers. We want to ensure every nook and corner of the country has air connectivity," he said.
Through the Central government`s UDAN regional connectivity scheme, the country has connected 235 new destinations spanning small cities and towns to increase connectivity and make air travel accessible and affordable, the Minister added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.