- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
How to vote India: Google Doodle lists step-by-step guide for 'Chunav season'
How to Vote India - Google is helping the country with its Google Doodle that guides out the process of how to vote to the people as Lok Sabha 2019 or General Elections 2019 started from today, April 11 and would be conducted over 7 phases across the nation.
How to Vote India
World's largest democracy commences vote exercise today as General Elections 2019 begin. India has a voter base of over 90 crore, each one with the right to make a choice and a difference. To make India's General Elections a grand success, Google is helping the country with its Google Doodle that guides out the process of how to vote to the people. Lok Sabha 2019 or General Elections 2019 started from today, April 11 and would be conducted over 7 phases across the nation. In 2014, around 814.5 million people were eligible to vote. However, only 66.40% or 540.82 million people out of total turned out to vote. People and influencers all over the nation are asking people to turn out in large numbers and exercise their respective franchise.
Lok Sabha 2019: Here is a step by step process on how you can use your right to vote:
1. Locate your polling booth: The first step is to locate your polling station. The polling started from 7:00 am onward and will remain open till 6:00 pm, different time for different places. The voters can go to their respective polling stations and cast their vote.
2. Carry your identification card/proof: Do not forget to carry your identification card along with you. In case you don’t have a voter ID, you can also carry your Aadhaar Card, Pan Card, etc to the polling station.
Lok Sabha 2019: Step by step process on what to do and How to vote
1. Check your name in the voter list: After entering the polling booth, the first thing to do is to get your name checked in the voter list. The official present at the station would verify your name after checking your photo id and the voter list. After verification, you would be asked to move to the next official.
2. Marking of inedible ink: The second polling officer would mark voter's finger with the indelible ink, that signifies that the person has been verified and present at the booth. The official would also give a slip and ask the person to sign the register to confirm your presence at the polling station.
3. Handover the slip and enter the voting space: Now you would be asked to move to the third step and hand over the slip to the third officer. By showing your inked finger, confirming that you have been verified, the officer would guide you to the polling booth.
Watch Zee Business Live TV here:
4. Press the symbol of the party on EVM: Now its almost done, just press the button of your choice at the EVM to vote. By pressing the button opposite the symbol of the candidate you are wishing to vote for, you can cast your respectful vote. In case you do not want to vote anyone, you can also press the button of NOTA, the last button available. A beep sound confirms that your vote has been cast and recorded officially.
5. Verfication slip in VVPAT box: After your exercise of voting, a slip would appear in the transparent window of the VVPAT machine, containing candidate serial No., Name and Symbol that would be visible on the slip for about 7 second and then it would drop in the VVPAT box.
6. Confirmation of vote: Congratulations, now you have successfully exercised your right and your franchise as an Indian Citizen.
It is important to note that mobile phones and cameras are not allowed to carry inside the polling station. The voters are advised to always carry their identification documents to the polling booth.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.