- Navratna SIP on Zee Business: BUY Electrosteel Castings share - check price target
- Rupee Vs Dollar: Former CEA K.V. Subramanian explains INR's fall versus greenback; when will USD appreciation stop?
- Croma: Apple iPhone 13 available at Rs 51,990, Apple Watch SE at Rs 27,900 - How to get this deal
- Multibagger stocks: Pondy Oxides, Ram Ratna Wires share price drops 5% ahead of turning ex-bonus tomorrow | Details
- Nirmala Sitharaman criticises states seeking more funds, says 'You Me' culture won't work
Budget 2019 income tax rebate: Affordable housing boost makes developers hail Piyush Goyal
Income tax rebate up to Rs 5 lakh in the budget 2019 by Narendra Modi government would allow common man to go for their dream home in the wake of increased purchasing capacity.
The real estate developers have hailed the Union budget 2019 citing the income tax rebate up to Rs 5 lakh and one year tax extension for developers would pump up the affordable housing segment in coming years. The industry insiders said that the budget was of a common man's budget'and the increased liquidity would lead to rise in affordable housing realty.
Hailing the budgetary proposals being given by the Finance Minister Piyush Goyal; Anuj Puri, Chairman – ANAROCK Property Consultants told, "People earning up to 5 lakhs will get a full tax rebate. However, if one invests in specified Government saving schemes then the tax exemption extends to Rs 6.5 lakhs. This can have good implications for affordable housing, but not really on the mid-income housing." He said the Narendra Nodi government also extended the benefit of tax exemption for developers by 1 more year, up to 2020 now. This, too, will give a push to the affordable housing segment.
See Zee Business video below:
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) February 1, 2019
Pankaj Jain, MD at Realistic Realtors told, "Housing under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) and increase of Infrastructure development budget is a also very positive step towards real estate affordability and accessibility because these two initiatives would enable more people buying their homes in city as well as outskirts."
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.