Booking 12 Indian Railways tickets? How to link Aadhaar card with IRCTC account
If you want to avail the facility of booking more than 6 tickets and up to 12 tickets in a month, you need to link your Aadhaar card with IRCTC account.
Indian Railways online arm IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) provides seamless facility for ticket booking through its App as well as website. It has allowed users to book up to 12 tickets in a month, if they get them verified through their Aadhaar number along with at least one passenger also being verified through Aadhaar. However, this condition is not applied for booking up to six tickets in a month, and the existing facility of booking upto 6 tickets (without Aadhaar) in a month continues, according to IRCTC.
If you want to avail the facility of booking more than 6 tickets and up to 12 tickets in a month, you need to link your Aadhaar card with IRCTC account in following way:
1. If you are an IRCTC Registered User, you need to get your Aadhaar verified using Aadhaar KYC option in My Profile.
2. User’s Aadhaar will be verified by sending an OTP on his/her mobile number linked with his Aadhaar number. On successful submission of OTP, the user will become Aadhaar verified.
3. At least one passenger on the ticket being booked, beyond six tickets in a month, should also be Aadhaar verified.
4. Users are required to verify the probable passengers through their respective Aadhaar number and store the verified passengers in passenger master list. This should be done before starting the ticket booking process, beyond six tickets in a month.
5. User can add Aadhaar verified passenger from master list at the time of booking to book additional tickets upto 12 tickets in a month.
If you want to verify you Aadhaar number, you need to login using your IRCTC User ID and Password on www.irctc.co.in, and then click “Aadhaar KYC” link under “My Profile” menu.
Now, enter your Aadhaar Number and click on send OTP button to receive OTP sent by UIDAI on the mobile number registered with Aadhaar. You should keep your Aadhaar registered mobile number ready.
Further, you should enter the OTP and click on verify button, and click on submit button to verify KYC details. After submission, your user login is Aadhaar verified.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.