Jharsuguda Airport flights schedule, other details of Odisha's second airport; 10 points
Jharsuguda Airport: Flights from the airport will bring western Odisha on the aviation map of India. There are 26 airports in Odisha of which two airports belong to AAI, 21 airports belong to the State Government and one airport each belongs to IAF, ARC and SAIL.
Jharsuguda Airport: Odisha got its second operational airport in Jharsuguda on Saturday. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the airport after launching some other projects. The government had said in August 2014 that it planned to develop Jharsuguda Airport for operations of A320 type of aircraft. "The Inauguration of Jharsuguda Airport is being done & UDAN flight from Jharsuguda to Raipur will be flagged off today by Shri @narendramodi. Jharsuguda Airport will be the 32nd #UDAN airport (19th Unserved) being connected under RCS Scheme," said Airport Authority of India (AAI) in a tweet.
— Usha Padhee (@ushapadhee1996) September 22, 2018
Jharsuguda Airport flights schedule: The commercial flights are yet to start operations from the Jharsuguda Veer Surendra Sai Airport. The first flight from the airport took off for Raipur after inauguration by PM Modi. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik had requested PM Modi on Sunday to start commercial flights operations from the new airport of the state soon.
Odisha: Prime Minister Narendra Modi e-inaugurates the local airport in Jharsuguda. pic.twitter.com/ouiaZUyLTH
— ANI (@ANI) September 22, 2018
Here are the key features of the Jharsuguda Airport:
* Till now, Bhubaneswar was the only operational AAI airport in Odisha. The Jharsuguda airport will be second operational AAI airport in the state.
* There are 26 airports in Odisha of which two airports belong to AAI, 21 airports belong to the State Government and one airport each belongs to IAF, ARC and SAIL.
* Jharsuguda airport will bring western Odisha on the aviation map of India.
* The airport will facilitate regional air connectivity through the UDAN scheme.
* The airport had received a category-B licence in May which made it eligible for flight operations. It has also been with 4C category license which enables it for landing and taking-off of bigger aircraft like A- 320 Airbus.
Along with #JharsugudaAirport in #Odisha Hon PM Sri @narendramodi will also inaugurate Garjanbahal coal mines and the Jharsuguda-Barapali-Sardega rail link which is dedicated to the nation. He will also lay foundation stone for renovation of Talcher Fertilizer Plant#PMinOdisha pic.twitter.com/BfIqu0BeE0
— Jual Oram (@jualoram) September 22, 2018
* The airport has a terminal area of 4000 sq metre and has been developed over an area of 909.22 acres.
* The airport has been developed at an estimated project cost of Rs 210 crore.
* Jharsuguda Airport has a peak hour handling capacity of more than 300 passengers.
Watch This Zee Business Video
* As far as sustainability is concerned, the Jharsuguda Airport boasts of features like Led lighting, solar power system, rainwater harvesting, re-use of treated water, and use of environment-friendly building materials.
* The airport will be opening up new job opportunities in the area and will help in the development of remote areas. It will also promote tourism, trade & commerce besides providing affordable air connectivity for Tier-II & III cities like Ranchi, Raipur, and Bhubaneswar.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has asked the Centre to rename the airport after the name of freedom fighter Veer Surendra Sai.