British bike maker Triumph to launch electric motorcycles soon? What we know so far
Triumph Motorcycles has announced a collaboration with UK industry experts, academic leaders and Innovate UK, to develop specialist electric motorcycle technology. It is a two-year project taking place in partnership with Williams Advanced Engineering, Integral Powertrain Ltd, and WMG, at the University of Warwick. The project has been designed to get inputs for potential future electric motorcycle offerings from Triumph.
Commenting on the collaboration, Nick Bloor, Triumph CEO, said, "Project Triumph TE-1 is one part of our electric motorcycle strategy, focused on delivering what riders want and expect from their Triumph, which is the perfect balance of handling, performance and usability.”
What's Project TE-1? All you need to know
- A collaboration between four major UK industry and academic leaders – Triumph Motorcycles, Williams Advanced Engineering, Integral Powertrain Ltd.’s e-Drive Division, and WMG, at the University of Warwick.
- The collaboration is supported and co-funded by the UK government’s Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), via Innovate UK.
- The two-year Project TE-1 will focus on developing electric motorcycle capabilities and inputs into Triumph’s future electric motorcycles.
- The project will be organised into four main phases, with one of its key aims being increased systems integration. By developing individual components of automotive-based electric drivetrains and optimising them into innovative combined units.
- The project aims to deliver sophisticated electric motorcycle systems which reduce mass, complexity and package requirements.
"Project Triumph TE-1 now represents a ground-breaking collaboration between Triumph Motorcycles and the UK’s electrification experts" according to a statement by the UK motorcycle manufacturer.
"Triumph Motorcycles will work alongside the partner organisations to accelerate joint expertise in the packaging and safety of batteries, optimum electric motor sizing and packaging, the integration of braking systems including regenerative braking, and advanced safety systems. The innovation and capabilities developed in these areas will input into Triumph’s future electric motorcycle strategy," the statement added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.