Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC launched - Premium motorcycle segment competition gets fiercer? Know price, engine, specs
A fierce competition is raging between premium bike-makers to win the mind and heart of the young Indian buyer.
A fierce competition is raging between premium bike-makers to win the mind and heart of the young Indian buyer. The competition has just been ramped-up another notch as a new machine has made its entry! British premium motorcycling major Triumph Motorcycles India has launched its all-new Scrambler 1200 XC in India. The machine is magnificent and bike lovers would definitely want to know what it is all about. So without further ado, here are price, engine and top features of this mean machine:-
- The new Scrambler 1200 XC is now available in India at an ex-showroom price of Rs 10.73 lakhs
- Scrambler 1200 XC is the world’s first motorcycle with the integrated GoPro control system
- Scrambler 1200 XC has Triumph’s first turn-by-turn navigation system and Bluetooth phone and music operation (all enabled by an accessory Bluetooth connectivity module)
- Scrambler 1200 XC comes packed with 1200cc Bonneville twin engine with a dedicated Scrambler tune
-The Scrambler 1200 delivers 90 PS @ 7,400 rpm with a torque output of 110 Nm @ 3,950rpm.
- Low inertia, six-speed, 8-valve 270º crank angle parallel twin
- Category-first 21” front wheel, with adventure focussed tubeless tyres
"Scrambler 1200 XC carries unique Öhlins collaboration, plus a dedicated new Scrambler chassis tailored for focused off-road capability and comfortable rider ergonomics. The new Scrambler 1200 has been developed to deliver a first-in-class dual purpose ‘classic and adventure’ capability," says the product note by Triumph.
Commenting on the launch of Scrambler 1200 XC, Shoeb Farooq, General Manager, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt Ltd. said, “The new Scrambler 1200 XC is a benchmark-setting motorcycle that represents a first for dual-purpose capability and modern custom style."
Farooq added, "This is a genuine ‘Cross-over’ adventure capable modern classic. Modern classics segment are a stronghold of Triumph in India with clear leadership and we expect this product to further strengthen that position."