Triumph Speed Twin: What makes this vrooming machine so special? Features, its utilities explained with pics
Triumph Speed Twin has finally vroomed into India! The latest machine by British premium motorcycling major Triumph Motorcycles is a reincarnation of the original 1938 model. The 1200-cc 2019 Triumph Speed Twin was launched at an introductory price of Rs 9.46 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India). Triumph Speed Twin comes loaded with following features. Will these make the Triumph Speed Twin successful in ruling the hearts of bike aficionados? Let's find out:-
- Triumph Speed Twin comes loaded with 1200cc HP Bonneville twin engine with a ‘Thruxton’ tune
- Distinctive British twin sound from twin black upswept sports silencers
- LED DRL headlight: "Incorporated into the headlight, the LED daytime running light brings excellent visibility and a distinctive light profile (where legislation allows)."
- LED rear light & indicators: "The LED rear light and indicators bring a distinctive rear light pattern and excellent power efficiency."
- USB charging socket: "For maximum rider convenience, the USB charging socket charges riders’ essential devices."
- 3 riding modes: "Linked to the ride-by-wire system, the three selectable riding modes-Sport, Road and Rain, each with dedicated throttle maps and traction control settings, providing enhanced rider control and safety, and in ‘Sport’, a more immediate throttle response."
- 10kgs lighter than the Thruxton
- 7 spoke aluminium wheels
- Bar end mirrors
- Brushed aluminium mudguards, throttle body covers, side panel finishers, heel guards and headers
- With 97PS peak power @6,750rpm, the new Speed Twin achieves 76% increase over the 2016/17 Street Twin, and 49% more than the 2018 Street Twin. Additionally, the new Speed Twin engine also delivers peak torque figure of 112 Nm @ 4,950rpm, which is 40% more than the 2018 Street Twin.
- Extended first major service interval of 16,000km, this contributes to a reduced overall cost of ownership, as per a company statement
- The Speed Twin comes with over 80 accessories
Launching Triumph Speed Twin, Shoeb Farooq, General Manager, Triumph Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd. said, “The Modern Classic range continues to be the most loved Triumph motorcycles in India and contribute to 55% of total volume. It can arguably be described as the first “riders” bike. With the new Speed Twin, the ambition of the company is to build on the success of Street Twin and take it further with a bike that rides and handles more like a proper modern roadster."
Earlier, Triumph had launched versions of Street Twin and Street Scrambler in February as part of its product expansion strategy in the country. In India, its range of 13-14 products includes Factory Customs, Roadsters, Adventure and Modern Classics.
India is among one of the five countries globally where the British superbike maker has set up a completely knocked down (CKD) facility.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.