- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
No 'May' in June! UK Prime Minister Theresa to quit after three years of failure to deliver Brexit
UK Prime Minister Theresa May has decided to resign as a conservative leader but she will continue to serve as the PM until new leadership is chosen.
UK Prime Minister Theresa May has decided to resign as a conservative leader but she will continue to serve as the PM until new leadership is chosen. UK media reports say that May will quit as party leader on June 7, paving way for the contest to decide a new UK prime minister. May announced on Friday that she will step down after three bruising years that saw her fail to deliver Brexit, according to a report by BBC.
Theresa May has decided to step down after failing to win over her ministers with a revised strategy over her plans for the UK's withdrawal from the European Union. Reports say it is expected that May, 62, will stay on in Downing Street as caretaker Prime Minister to oversee the state visit of US President Donald Trump, planned for early June, with a new Tory leader expected to be in place by the end of July.
"Our politics may be under strain but there is so much that is good about this country. So much to be proud of. So much to be optimistic about," she said.
May said it has been "the honour of my life" to be the second female prime minister, but "certainly not the last." May's voice cracked as she said it has been an honour to have the opportunity to serve the country she loves.
May said she would quit as leader of the ruling Conservative Party on June 7.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.