Gen Z Slang: From 'TNTL' to 'YOLO' - here is your guide to the language of 'zoomers'
Gen Z Slang: Language has been constantly evolving. Every generation has its own unique lingos and keeping up with these terms becomes difficult as they seem to spring up faster than one can keep track.
Gen Z Slang: Language has been constantly evolving. Every generation has its own unique lingos and keeping up with these terms becomes difficult as they seem to spring up faster than one can keep track. Have you ever wondered what exactly your Gen Z children meant when they switched from 'bye' to 'G2G'? Does listening to your Gen Z kid leave you baffled at times?
From 'FOMO' to 'TNTL', Gen Z has a whole new set of vocabulary to express themselves. They speak a different way. Not just that, this has necessitated changes in vernacular of all generations and spawned 'Urban Dictionaries'.
You might have come across the day-to-day jargon of Gen Z and felt confused. So, here is a list of Gen Z lingo you may come across.
Rajasthan Assembly Election Exit Polls Results 2023 LIVE: BJP holds edge in close fight with Congress in Rajasthan — Check BJP, Congress seat projection
Madhya Pradesh Election Exit Polls Results 2023 Live: Congress and BJP neck and neck in Madhya Pradesh; Check BJP, Congress seats
Share Market Today LIVE: Nifty scales all-time high of 20,222.8, Sensex trades nearly 300 pts higher
Chhattisgarh Exit Poll Results 2023 Live: Will Congress retain power in state? Here is what exit polls suggest
India vs Australia 4th T20I Free Live Streaming: When and Where to watch IND VS AUS T20I series Match LIVE on Mobile Apps, TV, Laptop, Online
Gen Z Slang
- YOLO- You only live once
- TNTL – Trying not to laugh
- G2G – Got to go
- Fam – A term to describe a close friend, who is 'like family'
- Shook – Shocked or surprised
- YNK – You never know
- FOMO – Fear of missing out
- IYKYK – If you know, you know
- Sus – An abbreviation for suspicious or suspect
- CSL – Can’t stop laughing
- Salty - Getting upset over something menial
- TBH – To be honest
- Lit – Cool or exciting
- GMTA – Great minds think alike
- IMO / IMHO - In my opinion / In my humble opinion.
- IRL - In real life
- JK – Just kidding
- BAE – Before anyone else
- SSDD – Same stuff, different day
- WYWH – Wish you were here
- GOAT – Greatest of all time