WhatsApp trick: You can transfer chats from iOS to Android smartphone; here is how
Have you bought a new smartphone and are switching from iOS to Android? Well, this wasn’t even a question till a few years back. But, Android smartphones are slowly getting better providing greater value-for-money to customers.
Have you bought a new smartphone and are switching from iOS to Android? Well, this wasn’t even a question till a few years back. But, Android smartphones are slowly getting better providing greater value-for-money to customers. A big pain for users making the switch is to transfer their chats from iOS to Android.
This is because both Android and iOS maintain backups in different locations and in different formats. Android keeps the backups in Google Drive and iOS keeps the files in iCloud. However, there is a WhatsApp trick that allows you to transfer your iPhone WhatsApp chats to the Android client.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online
How to transfer WhatsApp chats from iOS to Android
- Open WhatsApp and swipe left on the chat you want to take to your new Android phone.
- From the More Button, select the ‘Export Chat’ option.
- Select the Mail option and enter your email address to send the mail.
- Repeat the process for all chats you want to transfer.
- Download all these chats on your Android phone via mail.
- Install a fresh copy of WhatsApp to your phone from the Play Store.
- Open WhatsApp and go through the setup process.
- Select the ‘Restore’ older chats option during the setup.
- After the restore is complete, press the next button and start using your WhatsApp.
From here on, you can follow the basic process of backing up all your chats on the Android smartphone. This will include media as well. The users can select a frequency for auto backup or can complete the process manually. You can later use this backup to restore data on your current as well as future smartphones.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.