Redmi 5 price in India, specs: 5 points to know to find out if this Xiaomi smartphone is for you
Redmi 5: Multiple overlaps, like smaller screen size and lower-end processor, makes Redmi 5 stand between Redmi 5A and Redmi Note 5. But the phone carries all the basics and more and it offers features, which are much in demand by consumers at present. The slick design and well-built package make it a must-have product for those who are looking forward to having low-cost smartphones
Redmi 5 price in India, specs: Xiaomi, the largest smartphone seller in India, has launched Redmi 5 flash sales and the handsets are literally flying off the shelves. The latest addition to Xiaomi's smartphone portfolio is available in three variants and they are priced at Rs 7,999, Rs 8,999 and Rs 10,999 depending on the model chosen by the buyer. Redmi 5 with 2GB Ram +16GB storage option is priced at Rs 7,999, the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage Redmi 5 model is priced at Rs 8,999 and the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant is priced at Rs 10,999. The first Redmi 5 sale was held on 20th March when Xiaomi put the 'largest quantity ever' on offer at over 4 lakh units on mi.com and Amazon. Also, to maintain its top ranking in the Indian market, the company has aggressively launched three smartphones in the very first quarter of the year 2019. Redmi 5 is the latest addition and previous two smartphones launched were Redmi Note 5 and Redmi 5A.
At a time when the company, Xiaomi, is playing aggressively to penetrate the Indian market, consumers should know about the noteworthy points and then decide whether you should put the smartphone in your pocket. Multiple overlaps, like smaller screen size and lower-end processor, makes Redmi 5 stand between Redmi 5A and Redmi Note 5. But the phone carries all the basics and more and it offers features, which are much in demand by consumers at present. The slick design and well-built package make it a must-have product for those who are looking forward to having low-cost smartphones. Some noteworthy features of the phone:
1. Design of Redmi 5: It comes with a 2.5D curved-edge glass for the front (claimed by Xiaomi). But. The curve is hardly visible on the phone. The smartphone is backed by a hybrid dual-SIM tray that offers you a chance to choose between a second SIM and a microSD card. What will surprise the customers is the Micro-USB port that is available at the bottom of the phone.
Talking about the Bezels on the Redmi 5 then these are thinner but have not gone completely. You may ask the meaning of Bezel. Bezels are the borders between a screen and a phone's frame.
The sporting reinforced corner design will protect the phone's display if it is dropped. The precise polished cover glass edge reduces the risk of damaging the display. This 5.7-inch display Redmi 5 is ergonomically designed to give its users a better hand feel.
2. Display of Redmi 5: The handset comes with an aspect ratio of 18:9 display with a screen size of 5.7 inches and resolution in HD+ (720x1440 pixels). The videos on Redmi 5 appear sharp and one will not have any trouble in using the phone in bright sunlight. But in sunlight, the users will have to go increase the brightness of the phone to its full. Colour reproduction on the smartphones LCD display is good. The HD+ resolution available in the display will allow you to enjoy the videos available on YouTube or received via WhatsApp and others.
3. Camera of Redmi 5: Redmi 5 comes with a 12MP rear camera and 5MP front camera with a selfie flash. The rear camera is centred at the top of the body and is supported by a single-LED flash. The camera can capture pictures in all light conditions. Interestingly, the camera is fast and its autofocus facility works with precision. The LED selfie-light camera will allow you to take clear shots in low light conditions. LED Selfie-light automatically enhances facial features when you take a selfie.
4. Battery of Redmi 5: Smartphone is backed by a 3300mAh battery which can last for 10-12 hours with moderate to heavy usage. Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor with 14nm FinFET technology, which is coupled with MIUI 9system level optimisations enables low power consumption for longer battery life.
5. Gaming experience of Redmi 5: 14nm Qualcomm Snapdragon octa-core processor brings smooth gaming experience in the budget phone. In fact, you will have a great gaming experience with a budget price smartphone. Interestingly, no noticeable heating of the phone will be visible to you even after a prolonged gaming on it.
When it comes to the technology or the software that controls the phone than Redmi 5 is based on MIUI 9 and is powered by the 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 450 processor. It supports microSD cards of up to 128GB capacities. In terms of connectivity, the phone uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, Infrared, micro USB 2.0, and fingerprint sensor. Its 3300mAh battery supports fast-charging as well.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.