How WhatsApp allows you to re-download deleted media including photos, videos
Often, due to negligence or mistakes, delete important pictures from our gallery and these are presumably lost forever. However, this new feature from WhatsApp can help you easily recover the images you lost from your ‘WhatsApp image’ folder.
WhatsApp comes up with many new features and that too at close intervals. This Facebook-owned company keeps adding new features to the application to ensure a great experience for its users. It is no surprise therefore, that WhatsApp is the most popular messenger app in the world. What is more, WhatsApp is updated according to the users trends. Recently WhatsApp came with the features like WhatsApp story, conference calling, payment option, etc.
Many of the users are still unaware of many of its features. Some small features that can help us in many ways are not known by a lot of users. In a recent article we told you about how one can download videos from others status easily by following few steps. Also, we informed you about the group video calling and a guide to hide unwanted WhatsApp pictures from your gallery.
Often, due to negligence or mistakes, delete important pictures from our gallery and these are presumably lost forever. However, this new feature from WhatsApp can help you easily recover the images you lost from your ‘WhatsApp image’ folder. Here is how you can get your image back.
1. Delete media from your ‘WhatsApp image’ folder (if you want to give this feature a try).
2. Delete the picture from gallery and not from WhatsApp chat.
3. Open WhatsApp on your device.
4. Switch to the chat from where you want to recover the image.
WATCH THIS ZEE BUSINESS VIDEO HERE
5. There you will find a blurred thumbnail of the image (the download button will appear again).
6. Click on the download button that shows there.
7. Tap on the image again to re-download it.
You can try it with GIFs, videos, documents or photos. However, it can only be used with new images and files as this feature has been introduced recently.