- Stock Markets on Monday: FII selling, US market corrections remain a pain point for domestic equities; Anil Singhvi gives trigge
- Even as US markets fell, Nasdaq gets into deeper correction; sees 10% drop from November highs and worst week since 2020
- ICICI Bank Q3FY22 net profit rises 19% to Rs 6,536 cr
- Budget 2022 Expectations: USD14 bn warehousing industry ready with its wishlist ahead of budget
- Mutual Fund in 2021: Equity outperforms Fixed Deposit, gold loses sheen while debt schemes least favoured by millennials
Google to launch its Augmented Reality platform in China with Xiaomi
Even though most of Google`s core services, including Google Play Store, remain either blocked or restricted in China, the apps based on ARCore will be able to function in China because the technology can work on devices without cloud support, the report added.
Google is making "ARCore," its Android-based app for Augmented Reality (AR) experiences available in China via Xiaomi`s "Mi Mix 2S" smartphones. "Initially, the technology will be available for Xiaomi`s Mix 2S devices via an app in the Xiaomi App Store, but Google has plans to add more partners in China over time, including Huawei and Samsung that have signed up to distribute ARCore apps on Chinese soil," TechCrunch rpeorted on Monday.
Even though most of Google`s core services, including Google Play Store, remain either blocked or restricted in China, the apps based on ARCore will be able to function in China because the technology can work on devices without cloud support, the report added. To expand Google apps` distribution in China, the search engine giant has reportedly inked deals with handset makers like Huawei and Xiaomi that operate their own app stores pre-loaded on their devices.
In recent months, Google partnered with China-based Tencent to invest in a number of startups. Additionally, Google announced an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based lab in Beijing along with opening a presence in Shenzhen, the Chinese city known as the "Silicon Valley of hardware."
Watch this Zee Business video
Google is also hosting its first "Demo Day" programme for startups in Asia with an event planned to be held in Shanghai this September.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.