Google I/O 2019: With Android Q, you will be able to do these 5 things
At I/O, Google announced that the new operating system will get features like Dark Mode, a dedicated Privacy section, as well as Focus mode to disable apps that users find distracting, with focus on privacy and Digital Wellbeing.
Google has announced the new features that will be arriving on its next-generation operating system, Android Q. At I/O, Google announced that the new operating system will get features like Dark Mode, a dedicated Privacy section, as well as Focus mode to disable apps that users find distracting, with focus on privacy and Digital Wellbeing. The new OS will also support user interface for different screen dimensions. This step has been taken keeping in mind the number of foldable smartphones is about to be launched. Here, we look at five new features that will be arriving on Android Q soon -
1. Live Caption - The feature has been designed for hearing impaired people and brings real-time captions to videos, podcasts, as well as audio messages. The feature will work offline and on-device. The users will have the options of changing the font size and moving the text to any part of the screen. To begin with, the feature is only available in English.
2. Dark Mode - One of the highly-awaited features for Android will also be added to the new OS. The feature could be enabled by switching on the battery saver. Initially, the mode will be rolled out for first-party apps only and it will be interesting to see if it is added to third-party apps like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook too.
Amazon unveils smartphone deals with EMI starting at Rs 485: Check offers on Samsung Galaxy A05, Samsung Galaxy M34 5G, Redmi 12 5G Pastel and Redmi Note 12
CMF Neckband Pro, Buds with 50dB Hybrid ANC to be launched alongside Nothing Phone (2a) - Check Details
Artificial Intelligence in banking: How has GenAI revolutionised business operations in BFSI sector? Expert explains
Shark Tank India Season 3: Starting business with Rs 50K after his father's NSE-listed company went bankrupt, this Mumbai entrepreneur gets 4-Shark deal
Mahtari Vandana Yojana: Govt scheme to provide Rs 12,000 financial aid to women — Check installment date and application status
3. Focus mode - In a bid to improve digital wellbeing of the users, Google will also add Focus Mode to Android Q, allowing users to temporarily disable apps that they might find distracting. With this feature, the users will be able to set app-specific time limits to block an app.
4. Support for foldable phones - As expected, Google has also added support for foldable phones on the new OS. This would allow multi-tasking on foldable phones, app continuity, and more in Android Q. The OS has also been designed to adapt to different screen sizes as such devices are folded and unfolded.
5. Improved Privacy - The new operating system will get over 50 features for privacy. It would have a dedicated Privacy section, which gives users quick access to privacy settings. The users will now be able to choose the apps they want to share their location data with, among other things.