Fake Xiaomi products worth Rs 13 lakh seized in India! How to check you are not fooled
Xiaomi on Friday confirmed that fake products worth Rs 13 lakh with company's name on them have been seized from suppliers in Gaffar Market.
Xiaomi on Friday confirmed that fake products worth Rs 13 lakh with company's name on them have been seized from suppliers in Gaffar Market. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer said that raids were conducted in Gaffar Market in the week of November 25 by police officers of Central District Karol Bagh Police Station along with the representatives of the company. During this raid, over 2000 fake Xiaomi products were seized from four shop owners who were arrested for allegedly selling counterfeit Xiaomi products.
Notably, these products included accessories that have not even been launched in India. The products include - Mi Powerbanks, Mi Neckbands, Mi Travel Adaptor with Cable, Mi Earphone Basic with Mic, Mi Wireless Headsets, Redmi Air Dots, Mi 2-in-1 USB Cable etc. Xiaomi has filed complaint with the local police about the same.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online -
How to identify counterfeit products of Xiaomi?
- Some products carry security codes that can be checked on mi.com to identify the authenticity of the product- eg. Mi Powerbanks
- Packaging and quality of retail box are very different. You can visit any Mi Home/ Mi Store to validate the original packaging.
- Check for the original Mi Logo on the product and you will know if that is authorized. Original logo of packaging can be seen on mi.com
- All authorized fitness products such as Mi Band(s) will have Mi Fit app compatibility.
- Original batteries will carry a sign stating it to be Li-Poly batteries – while signs like Li-ion mean that they are not Xiaomi’s
- One can identify original USB cables by Xiaomi as well from the fake ones, as the unauthorized ones are quite flimsy and break easily
One has to understand that while counterfeited products are a big threat to consumer health, they also put data at risk. The products might start malfunctioning and the user might be unaware of the hazards that these kinds of products can cause.