Amazon Echo 2018 Review: Amazon Echo Plus (2nd Gen) is special
The new Amazon Echo Plus (2018) comes with several upgraded features. Covered largely in fabric around the sides, the new Echo Plus looks like a stretched out version of the new Echo Dot.
Amazon Echo Plus (2nd Gen) review: The new Amazon Echo Plus (2018) comes with several upgraded features. Covered largely in fabric around the sides, the new Echo Plus looks like a stretched out version of the new Echo Dot. The new design has an improved build quality. The audio on the new device sounds better that the first gen Echo Plus. If you want to use the new device for music, well, then it sounds better when you sit near the device - the nearer, the better!
However, Echo is not the best device for music. Better alternatives for music may be Google Home Max or an Apple HomePod. However, EchoPlus has got decent upgrades over its predecessors. Moreover, it gets smarter. Alexa is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. The more you use it, the more amazing things it starts doing for you.
Beyond music, the new Echo Plus has all specs worth considering you are really high on home automation. The Echo Plus features a premium speaker, a built-in smart home hub and temperature sensor.
Alexa, the brain behind the Echo Plus, can play play music, answer questions, make calls and get information, news, sports scores, weather, and more for you.
What's special about Amazon Echo Plus (2018)
- The device has a new design and an improved sound. It features a built-in hub to easily setup and control compatible smart home devices.
- The new speakers are by Dolby, play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
- Echo Plus can connect to Alexa, which is a cloud-based voice service, to play music, answer questions, read news, check weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices etc.
- With the new device, you can stream music from Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, and TuneIn. All you need to do is just ask for a song, artist, or genre. Moreover, you can also use your voice to adjust equalizer settings. All you need to say “Alexa, increase the bass”.
- With Echo Plus, you can set up your smart lights and plugs from Philips Hue and Anchor without a separate hub. For this, just ask “Alexa, discover my devices”.
Watch this Zee Business video here:
- The device also allows one to control other compatible smart lights, plugs and remotes from Oakter, Syska, TP-Link, and more.
- You can also call or message family and friends who have an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, you can make announcements like a one-way intercom to broadcast messages to all your Echo devices.
- Hands free: Yu can control Echo Plus hands-free. The device can you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
- The device can perform over 15,000+ skills including ordering cab, food, jokes and games.