81% of consumers intend to shop online during this festive season: Survey
76 per cent appreciate that these online festive shopping events provide convenient delivery slots, effectively saving time, which they can spend celebrating with friends and family.
Consumers across India are bullish, excited and more eager than ever to shop online during this festive season, according to a recent study. According to the study conducted by Nielsen Media India, on behalf of Amazon India, 81 per cent indicated strong sentiment and intent; 78 per cent trust online shopping and 1 in 2 intend to increase online spending, compared to the last festive period.
Consumers expect a wide selection, unmatched value with competitive pricing, plus convenience of easy returns and exchange, which is driving the core online shopping experience. The study also revealed that for 68 per cent of consumers, Amazon.in is their go-to & convenient online shopping destination, with almost half identifying Amazon.in as the most trusted and loved online brand for festive shopping; 75 per cent of consumers find the widest range and selection of products and brands on Amazon.in.
Below are some of the key findings of the survey:
- The study shares that 87 per cent of consumers in metros and 86 per cent across tier-2 cities (population 10-40 Lakh) prefer to shop online this festive period. Over 77 per cent of consumers affirmed that online festive shopping events enhance convenience of their online shopping experience with options like faster delivery.
- More than 70 per cent of consumers wait for online festive shopping events to purchase electronic items - attractive offers (76 per cent) and new brand launches (75 per cent) are core drivers. Over 75 per cent of consumers are excited with attractive bank offers and No-Cost EMIs for making their purchase more convenient and rewarding.
- 3 in 4 consumers wait for online festive shopping events to purchase large appliances as these events give them access to new brands and product launches across products such as refrigerators, washing machines, geysers, and air conditioners. An intriguing insight into consumer behaviour reveals that 76 per cent of consumers wait for online festive shopping events to purchase smartphones; ~60 per cent are interested in Rs 10k-20k price range, while 2 in 3 consumers seek 5G features.
- Around 80 per cent consumers affirmed that online festive shopping events provide access to trendy brands for apparel, footwear, and various fashion accessories with nearly 64 per cent sharing their intent to purchase across these categories this festive season; Gen-Z takes the lead (69 per cent) in their preference for apparel, footwear and fashion accessories.
- 77 per cent of consumers shared that these online shopping events offer convenient features such as virtual try-on (VTO), sizing charts, and "shop the look" prompts, enhancing the shopping experience and reducing chances of error while buying.
- 76 per cent of Indian consumers purchase luxury and authentic beauty brands during online festive shopping events. An impressive 74 per cent affirmed their confidence in online festive-led shopping events to deliver genuine and original beauty products.
- An impressive 75 per cent of consumers believe in the convenience of online shopping events to offer the finest quality grocery and everyday essential products.
- In addition, 76 per cent appreciate that these online festive shopping events provide convenient delivery slots, effectively saving time, which they can spend celebrating with friends and family.