How to set up Apple iPhone home screen on iOS 14: Step-by-step process
Apple has hit the bulls-eye with its new software update that has got everyone speaking on social media. In the past, iOS updates have been a subject of criticism for changing user-experience.
Apple has hit the bulls-eye with its new software update that has got everyone speaking on social media. In the past, iOS updates have been a subject of criticism for changing user-experience. This time, it has happened for the good. Several new and cool features have been introduced with iOS 14. One of the most talked about is the UI change which allows users to add widgets to their home screen and give it a totally new look.
Apple iPhone users have been customising their home screen and sharing screenshots of the same on social media platforms. If you want to be a part of the league and haven’t figured out how to use the feature, here are the steps that will help.
Update to iOS 14
Before you set up the home screen, you need to update to iOS 14 from the Software Update section. It is a big 2.58GB update so ensure that you are using a stable Wi-Fi connection. Before installing the software update you must ensure to backup all your data.
How to set up up home screen?
- Long press and hold anywhere on the home screen. This will open the edit options for you.
- Then click on the ‘+’ icon at the top left corner on the screen.
- Add widgets you want to see on your home screen.
- You will then be able to see the available widgets. Then tap on one of the many shown and choose a size.
- Click on the Add Widget option at the bottom of the screen to add it on the home screen.
- You can move the widgets around the home screen and place them wherever you want.
- Click on Done when you have completed the process.
- You can place the widget wherever you wish. You will also be able to reposition it as required by dragging it anywhere on the screen. Then click on the Done option to set your widget.
The widgets are also available on iPad with iPadOS 14 but here they are limited to Today View sidebar.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.