The Ken raises $400,000 in funds from angel investors
Online subscription based business news website and recently found startup, The Ken, announced on Friday that it has raised $400,000 in funds from angel investors.
“While $400,000 may not seem like a lot of money these days, it’s a significant amount to build a focused, lean media business, which has also been generating revenue right from day one. As journalists, we’ve seen too many instances of companies losing their focus and fire in the belly after raising too much money too early on,” the company said.
Among the eleven angel investors that the company named was the name of Paytm founder, Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
The other 10 investors were listed by the company as follows.
1. Aprameya Radhakrishna, Co-Founder, Taxiforsure
2. Deepak Natraj, Managing Director, Aarin Capital
3. Girish Mathrubhootham, Founder and CEO, Freshdesk
4. Mahesh Murthy, Founder, Pinstorm; Co-Founder, Seedfund
5. Pallav Nadhani, Co-Founder and CEO, Fusioncharts
6. Pavan Ongole, Investor; Former Director, Softbank
7. Sandeep Mathur, Managing Director, Graticule Asset Management
8. Shan Krishnasamy, Co-Founder and CTO, Freshdesk
9. Shanmugam Nagarajan, Co-Founder and CPO
10. V Balakrishnan, Chairman, Exfinity Ventures; Former CFO and Board Member, Infosys
The Ken was launched on 3 October 2016.
“In a short span of four months, we’ve managed to create a subscriber base composed not just of founders, venture capitalists, CEOs, lawyers and senior management but also college students and young professionals,” the company added.
The Ken claimed to break even on a cash-flow basis in its second week of operations.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.