7th pay commission DA, DR hike announcement: Central government employees' wait to be over soon? All focus on govt declaration

ZeeBiz WebTeam | Feb 17, 2021, 05:20 PM IST

7th pay commission DA, DR hike announcement is being awaited by central government employees. They have had a very rough passage through the covid pandemic and they had to resort to belt tightening as their dearness allowance hike was frozen by the government even as inflation reared up. Now that February is half way through, there is great anticipation building up and all eyes are on the government moves.

A number of media reports are indicating that something may emerge soon. DA hike as per 7th pay commission recommendations for central government employees may well happen around Holi, they aver. There is a lot of buzz regarding the hike of dearness allowance (DA) by 4% under the recommendation of the 7th Pay Commission.

See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:

 

1/6

DA up to 4%

DA up to 4%

Following the announcement of All India Consumer Price Index and the presentation of the Union Budget 2021, the discussions on the rise of DA up to 4 percent has gained further momentum. Source: Reuters

2/6

Hike in pay for central government employees

Hike in pay for central government employees


In the media, it has been widely reported that for the central government employees, the DA may rise up to 4 percent. This will lead to a hike in the pay of the central government employees. However, there is the question of DA hike arrears hanging in the balance too. That too is awaited, plus the next installment. Source: Reuters

3/6

7th pay commission recommendation

7th pay commission recommendation


The government's announcement will be based on the recommendations of the 7th pay commission. Source: IANS

 

4/6

21 percent DA after hike

21 percent DA after hike


The central government employees enjoy a DA of 17 percent at present. When the DA is further raised by 4 percent then the total DA will amount to 21 percent (arrears). Source: ANI

5/6

DA put on hold

DA put on hold


In view of the COVID-19 crisis, in April last year, the finance ministry had put on hold the hike in DA. It has been put on hold for 50 lakh central government employees and 61 lakh pensioners till July 2021. Source: Reuters

6/6

Last DA hike

Last DA hike


The last DA hike for the central government employees was effective from January 1. 2020.
Now, all eyes are focussed on government to give arrears and the new hike too at one go.

 

Will it happen? Keep tuned in for the latest news on 7th pay commission dearness allowance hike. Source: Reuters