Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: This small savings scheme offers massive interest rate to investors; Know benefits
If you are a parent and thinking about a bright future for your daughter, then you must know about this small savings scheme called Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY), which offers a massive interest rate to investors. This scheme offers an attractive rate of interest which is higher than many other small saving schemes. The current rate of interest on this scheme is 7.6 per cent
If you are a parent and thinking about a bright future for your daughter, then you must know about this small savings scheme called Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY), which offers a massive interest rate to investors. This scheme offers an attractive rate of interest which is higher than many other small saving schemes. The current rate of interest on this scheme is 7.6 per cent.
Note that Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana rate of interest is 7.6 per cent per annum and not 6.9 per cent. The government had, on Wednesday, announced a cut in the interest rates offered in small savings schemes but withdrew the order on April 1 itself. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had tweeted that interest rates will not be cut at all.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Auto Stocks in Focus: Maruti Suzuki scales an all-time high; Tata Motors hits a 52-week high as auto stocks rally
DP World ILT20: David Warner to star as 2nd season of International League T20 kicks off from January 2024 in UAE - Check Details
Innovative EV Charger Technology - This company files two patents: Here's how it will benefit fleet services, vehicles
Animal vs Sam Bahadur Box Office Collection: Animal set to enter Rs 500 crore club, beat Sam Baadur on Day 5 | Check day-wise collection, OTT release date and more
This Government of India scheme was launched to ensure the welfare of a girl child. The investments made towards this scheme are for a specific purpose i.e. for the education and marriage of the girl child and cannot be used for any other purposes. The scheme also offers an attractive interest rates on your investments.
The natural or legal guardian of the girl child can open this account.
Salient Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are:
1. Investments in this scheme can be made for up to two girl children or three in case of twin girls as second birth or the first birth itself results in three girl children
2. An account can be opened for as little as Rs 250 of initial deposit with multiple of Rs 150, thereafter, with annual ceiling of Rs 150,000 in a financial year.
3. The tenure of the deposit is 21 years from the date of opening of the account. Maximum period up to which deposits can be made is 15 years from the date of opening of the account.
4. It has one of the highest returns as far as the Small Savings Schemes are concerned. The rates may be revised on a quarterly basis. The existing rates are 7.6 per cent per annum.
5. As applicable under section 80C of the IT Act, 1961, in the latest Finance Bill, the scheme has been extended Triple exempt benefits i.e. there will be no tax on the amount invested, amount earned as interest and amount withdrawn.
6. In case of irregular payment the account can become dormant. One can revive it by paying a penalty of Rs 50 per year along with the minimum specified amount per year.
7. The payment can be made through cash, cheque or internet banking. You can instruct the bank branch or set through internet banking for automatic credit to the SSY account.