Stuck at home due to coronavirus? Upload your Provident Fund digital signature online – Here is how
Employees Provident Fund or EPF money becomes very important in the current situation as it may help you in the time of emergency.
The coronavirus outbreak has forced most of us to stay indoors as the government continues to take strict steps to reduce community outbreak of the disease. While the entire country is under a lockdown, certain parts have been sealed for now. Even as you are stuck at home, important tasks need to be completed. And, you can do them online.
Employees Provident Fund or EPF money becomes very important in the current situation as it may help you in the time of emergency. "To attest and forward claims online, the employers are required to register Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) with EPFO.
Digital Signature Certificate of class 2 and class 3 category issued by a licensed Certifying Authority (CA) needs to be registered for the purpose,” the EPFO website states.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online
How to upload digital signature online?
- Log in to the EPF online portal
- Click on establishment tab and from the drop-down menu select Digital Signature
- A new page will pop up
- Fill in the required details
- Select 'Sign with USB token' from Type of Registration
- Hit submit
- On the next page, tap on ‘allow and remember’
- The new pop up will ask if needs to be activated or not
- Choose the ‘run’ tab
- You will be asked to register DSC
- Type the PIN received
- Now go back to Establishment and then tap Digital Signature again
- A bar will show 'view registered signature'
- Tapping it will open your registered details
- Then tap on ‘request letter’ and download the pdf file
You can sign the downloaded document and send it to the concerned PF office. After verification of documents, your signature will be approved.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.