SBI salary account for defence personnel: Check out benefits of Defence Salary Package account
Country's largest public sector bank, State Bank of India offers services not only for civilians but also for defence and paramilitary forces.
Country's largest public sector bank, State Bank of India offers services not only for civilians but also for defence and paramilitary forces. The SBI Defence Salary Package (DSP) account is meant for Defence personnel of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Indian Coast Guard, Assam Rifles, Rashtriya Rifles (RR) and GREF [Border Road Organisation (BRO)]. The account is available in four variants - namely Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum - categorised on the rank of the personnel of Army, Navy, Air Force, Assam Rifles, RR and GREF (Border Road Organisation). Below are the key benefits of the SBI DSP account:
* Zero balance account and free unlimited transactions across ATMs of any Bank. Also comes bundled with SBI Credit Card.
* Complimentary Personal Accident Insurance (Death) cover up to Rs. 20 Lakhs.
* Complimentary Air Accident Insurance (Death) cover up to Rs. 30 Lakhs.
* Avail of Personal Loans, Home Loans, Car Loans and Education Loans at attractive rates and 100% waiver on processing fees.
* Up to 25% off on locker charges
* Avail of Auto-Sweep to create e-MODs (Multi Option Deposits) and earn higher interest.
* Avail of Demat & Online Trading A/c at the time of on-boarding itself.
* Free issuance of Drafts, Multi City Cheques, SMS Alerts. Free online NEFT/RTGS.
* Overdraft equivalent to 2 Months Net Salary (Currently available for select customers only)
* Earn points on various transactions through our loyalty program SBI Rewardz.
* Host of regular offers on Debit Cards and YONO by SBI
* The facilities under DSP accounts will be continued even for pension accounts after retirement provided the Ex-Service personnel is drawing his pension through our Bank. The existing pensioners, who have retired prior to the introduction to DSP are eligible for facilities under Defence Salary Package.
However, the following features are not available to pensioners:
* Two months salary as Overdraft
* X-press credit personal loan
* Free Personal Accident Insurance (death) Cover with ad-on benefit
* Air Accidental Insurance (death) cover
Besides this, the SBI also offers Para Military Salary Package account for soldiers of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and National Security Guard (NSG).