SBI customer ALERT! Unauthorised transaction in your account? Do THIS NOW to protect your hard-earned money - Find all deets here
If an SBI customer witnesses any unauthorised transactions in one's account, he or she must report it to cybercrime at cybercrime.gov.in.
State Bank of India Cyber Crime: One must always be aware of the potential security threats against one's hard-earned money. The State Bank of India (SBI) has recently shared a tweet where the bank has also warned its customers against cyber frauds and has advised to report immediately to cybercrime in case there is an unusual activity in one's account.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The recent tweet from the official Twitter handle of SBI said, "SBI advises you not to ignore any suspicious activity in your account. Stay alert and report #CyberCrimes here - cybercrime.gov.in."
SBI advises you not to ignore any suspicious activity in your account. Stay alert and report #CyberCrimes here - https://t.co/3Dh42iwLvh
#SBIAapkeSaath #SBI #StaySafe #StayVigilant #SafetyTips #OnlineSafety pic.twitter.com/68kq7vIury
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) August 2, 2021
The largest public sector lender in the country has stated that in order to report online fraud, one should login to the Cyber Crime Reporting Portal of the Ministry of Home Affairs at cybercrime.gov.in. An individual can also lodge a complaint about cybercrime by dialing the number 155260.
An SBI customer must report any unauthorised transaction in his bank account immediately. In order to do so, one has to block one's debit card or internet banking facilities by calling at the customer care at 1800111109.
Also, an SBI customer needs to take certain precautions to avoid cyber frauds. They are as follows:
1) One must not share personal details on social media platforms
2) One must note that he or she must not share COVID-19 vaccination certificate or any document that contains personal details
3) One must not transfer fund to anyone without verifying their authenticity
4) In case one receives any suspicious mail, one must not open it. One must also refrain from clicking on any unverified links
5) One must not share debit card details or INB credentials and other information with anyone
6) One must be beware of fake messages and misinformation
In case, a person falls a prey to cyber fraud, one must not waste any time and login to the cyber crime portal at cybercrime.gov.in.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.