SBI credit card tips against frauds, bank ATM Pin, OTP scams: prevent money loss from hackers
State Bank of India (SBI), India's largest bank, has over 40 crore savings account holders in the country. With such huge customer base, it becomes a target of fraudsters and hackers.
State Bank of India (SBI), India's largest bank, has over 40 crore savings account holders in the country. With such huge customer base, it becomes a target of fraudsters and hackers. SBI credit cards are quite popular and the customers should know how to be safe from such frauds and hacking practices. There have been number of instances of ATM card skimming, mobile SIM card swap or vishing. These hackers generally target the housewives, senior citizens or children.
The most popular fraud is vishing, which is done via phone calls in which fraudsters act as bank employees and ask account holders about their bank details like ATM Pin, OTP and credit card number, address, e-mail etc. The moment one shares the information on phone, the bank account gets cheated. So it becomes really important to keep yourself safe from such fraudsters.
1. Do not entertain any calls or sms or emails from frauds or hackers.
2. You should never enter your credit card details on the public wife or system.
3. Never provide any details like credit card number, PIN, password, OTP to anyone on call.
4. Avoid entering or participating in fraud lotteries or prize hoax online, that asks your banl or credit card details.
5. Keep changing your credit card passwords in a regular interval of time and make sure its not an easy one to guess.
6. Keep a check on your account balance, credit card statements in order to report any fraud.
7. Report to the nearest police station or banking customer care helpline, in case of any such fraud.
7) Once you share the OTP they will hack your online banking account and transfer all your bank balance to any other bank account in this country or overseas.
8) Also it is important to note that no bank employee will ever ask a customer to share his/her personal detail on phone.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.