SBI bank customer? Beware! You can lose your money if you don't do this; fraud alert raised
SBI has released a warning where it has asked customers to follow some critical steps in regards to their bank accounts.
You money can disappear in a jiffy if you are not careful about how you handle your bank account. Now, SBI has released a warning. Every bank account holders must always be cautious when it comes to maintaining the secrecy of their financial credentials. This is because there are constant attempts being made by fraudsters to steal their money and here is one of the biggest methods used by them to steal innocent people's money! India's largest lender State Bank of India has issued a warning with a short video explaining how a scammer or fraudster may fool you and rob your money. In fact, SBI has strictly informed customers to not share bank details with anyone. In a latest campaign, SBI released a warning where it has asked customers to follow 'Stop, Think, Act' method in regards to sharing their financial credentials with anyone. If you follow these steps, you will definitely not lose your money to fraudsters.
SBI said, "Never share your bank details with anyone for any reason! Protect yourself from falling prey to fraudsters by keeping your information private and reporting any communication that requests for it."
Never share your bank details with anyone for any reason! Protect yourself from falling prey to fraudsters by keeping your information private and reporting any communication that requests for it.#SBI #StateBankofIndia #UPI #NPCI #Frauds #SafetyTips #DoNotShare #StopThinkAct pic.twitter.com/1I1GPzMCpB
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) August 6, 2019
SBI says, "3 things to do when someone asks you for your financial information:
Stop - Before you share your card number, CVV, expiry date, OTP, PIN or download unknown apps from unknown links.
Think - about who is asking for it and why.
Act - and report it if you suspect its a fraud."
SBI strictly says, "Share this message with everyone so they don't share their financial information with anyone."
Hence, SBI reiterates that, share your ideas with everyone. But don't share your bank details with anyone.
Here's a list of 10 tips that you must follow in order to protect your SBI bank account.
1. Access your bank website only by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser.
2. Be aware of downloading any malicious application from mobile application stores (Google Playstore, Apple App Store, Blackberry App World, Ovi Store, Windows Marketplace etc) that are offering Online Banking. Kindly check their authenticity before downloading, by contacting your Bank.
3. SBI or any of its representative never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to get your personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from your account through Internet Banking. Never respond to such email/SMS or phone call. Report immediately on report dot phishing at sbi dot co dot in if you receive any such e-mail/SMS or Phone call. Lock your user access immediately, if you have accidentally revealed your credentials.
4. Do not be lured if you receive an e-mail/SMS/phone call promising reward for providing your personal information or for updating your account details in the bank site.
5. Scan your computer regularly with Antivirus to ensure that the system is Virus/Trojan free.
6. Change your Internet Banking password at periodical intervals.
7. Always check the last log-in date and time in the post login page.
8. Avoid accessing Internet banking accounts from cyber cafes or shared PCs.
9. After you have logged in, you will not be asked to provide your username and login password again. Also, you will not be asked to provide your CREDIT or DEBIT CARD details while using internet banking. If you get a message (such as through a pop-up) asking for such information, please do not provide this information no matter how 'genuine' the page appears to be. Such pop-ups are most likely the result of malwares infecting your computer. Please take immediate steps to disinfect your device.
10. Do not click on any links in any e-mail message to access the site.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.