Provident Fund: How to generate UAN directly from EPFO website
Earlier, the employees had to apply for UAN through their employers. However, now the PF account holders can generate this number online through the official EPFO website.
A lot of people may differ but provident fund is probably one of the best investment options for the long term for any employee. This government-managed retirement savings scheme allows employees to contribute a part of their savings each month towards their pension fund. The amount can be accessed by the employees as a lump sum at the time of their retirement or after period of employment. To make the process of managing your PF account easier, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) had introduced the Universal Account Number (UAN).
This number can be generated from the EPFO website and acts as an umbrella for multiple member IDs allotted to an individual by different establishments. Earlier, the employees had to apply for UAN through their employers. However, now the PF account holders can generate this number online through the official EPFO website.
WATCH Zee Business TV LIVE Streaming Online -
How to generate EPFO UAN directly?
- Go to the official website of EPFO - epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Look for the section that says ‘For Employees’ option under ‘Our Services’ tab on the homepage.
- Click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ under the ‘Services’ option.
- Go to ‘Direct UAN allotment by Employees’ under the ‘Important Links’ option given.
- Enter your Aadhaar card-linked mobile number and captcha code in the dialogue box provided.
This EPFO UAN number has to be provided by the employees when they join a new organisation to link their provident fund accounts. The main objective is to capture the KYC details of its members in order to eliminate the dependency on the employer.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.