New Rs 50 currency note out; check features of bill, this is how it is different from old one
The Reserve Bank of India had issued Fluorescent Blue-coloured Rs 50 note in August, 2018.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Tuesday issued the new Rs 50 currency note in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. It is different in terms of a specific parameter from the old Rs 50 currency note. The banknotes will have the signature of RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das. "The Reserve Bank of India will today issue Rs 50 denomination Banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series bearing the signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor. The design of these notes is similar in all respects to Rs 50 banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. All banknotes in the denomination of Rs 50 issued by the Reserve Bank in the past will continue to be legal tender," said RBI on Tuesday.
While the existing Rs 50 currency notes will continue to be legal tender, the RBI will not be printing old-design currency bills which have the signature of former RBI Governor Urjit Patel. The features of the new notes will be similar in all respects to the existing Rs 50 banknotes.
Watch This Zee Business Video
Notably, the RBI had issued Fluorescent Blue-coloured Rs 50 note in August, 2018.
The salient features of the new Rs 50 note are:
Rs 50 Obverse (Front) Features
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 50,
2. Denominational numeral 50 in Devanagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘Bharat (in Hindi)’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’,
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions 'Bharat (in Hindi)' and RBI,
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks,
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
Rs 50 Reverse (Back) Features
10. Year of printing of the note on the left,
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
12. Language panel,
13. Motif of Hampi with Chariot,
14. Denominational numeral 50 in Devnagari.
Dimension of the banknote is 66 mm x 135 mm.