ICICI Bank unveils multicurrency travel card with travel insurance up to Rs 10 lakh, flight benefits of Rs 20,000; here is how to get
Anyone who is a travelling abroad even if they are not ICICI Bank savings account customer, can apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ digitally on the Goibibo website and mobile app.
In a major good news to travellers, private lender ICICI Bank has launched a new multi currency travel card in association with Goibibo. This card comes with offers such as card protection, travel insurance, flight ticket bookings, hotels and various discounts. Anyone who is travelling abroad even if they are not ICICI Bank savings account customer, can apply for the ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ digitally on the Goibibo website and mobile app. Accepted across 200 countries and 46 million merchants globally, the card can be loaded with up to 15 currencies.
Talking on the occasion, Sudipta Roy, Head – Unsecured Assets, Credit Cards & Personal Loans, ICICI Bank said, “We are delighted to partner with Goibibo to offer our first co-branded multi-currency travel card. Customers have always been at the core of our innovations and offerings. So, we continually strive to provide improved convenience as well as more benefits to them. This offering is in line with that philosophy.”
Meanwhile, Saujanya Shrivastava, Chief Business Officer, Goibibo said, “As more and more Indians travel overseas for leisure or business, they are consistently looking for hassle-free and safe ways of making payments without the fuss that comes with currency conversion. With an aim to make travel an even more rewarding experience, we are happy to partner with ICICI Bank to offer a host of tailor-made services that will deliver most meaningful and distinctive value proposition for the new age travelers.’’
These many benefits the new Goibibo ICICI Bank travel card has:
- Exclusive Goibibo vouchers worth Rs. 15,000/-
- Gift voucher of ‘goCash+’ worth Rs. 500/-. (goCash+ is fully redeemable Goibibo currency and can be fully redeemed upto the value on the travel portal)
- Discount of 40 paise on currency conversion rate on loading of minimum USD 1000
- Complimentary cards’ protection service offered by OneAssist wallet assistance worth Rs. 1,600. This provides theft/lost card protection to customers of upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Discount of Rs. 500/- on shopping at Croma outlets (including at airport and online)
- Ola discount voucher worth of Rs. 500 on load of USD 1,000 and Rs. 1,000 on load of USD 2,000
- Dining discount of flat 15% at 100+ Indian restaurants in 6 cities namely Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, London, Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok.
- Theft/lost card protection to customers of upto Rs. 5 lakh
- Comprehensive travel insurance coverage ranging from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh.
Instant reloading and currency transfer:
- Instant transfer of money from one currency to another through Bank’s internet portal and reload currency into the card anytime, anywhere using the Bank’s mobile and internet banking platform.
- Free replacement travel card included in the kit
Here’s how to apply:
Step 1 - Login to Goibibo website / mobile application (https://imobile.icicibank.com/icicitravelcard/landing.do)
Step 2 - Fill few details like name, mobile number, passport number, Email ID, PAN number etc.
Step 3 - Enter OTP received on mobile number and address
Step 4 - Select the currency and amount to be loaded
Step 5 - Make payment using ICICI Bank savings account or billdesk portal for non ICICIBank customers
Then the verifier visits customers address in few working days to verify documents, collect photocopy of passport, pan card, visa. Once done, they will hand deliver the kit of travel card. The card gets activated within one working day of submission of the documents.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.