How to check PF balance through EPFO website, SMS, missed call and UMANG app
Like any other kind of financial account, one can keep track of the amount that lies in the EPF account.
The Employee Provident Fund is the saving tool for the employees, especially for the ones working in private firms and companies. The EPF amount s contributed by both the employee as well as the employer, which the employee can later avail fully when he or she retires or switches jobs. Similar to any other kind of financial account, one can keep the track of the amount that lies in the EPF account. This way the individual can manage the amount and make withdrawals if need be and plan accordingly. One can check their EPF account balance through five methods, EPFO website, SMS, missed call, EPFO app and UMANG app.
The EPFO Website Method:
To check ones EPF account balance on the Employee Provident Fund Organization website, the employee should make sure that their employer has activated their Universal Account Number (UAN). The UAN is unique for all the employees that fall under the EPF scheme.
If your UAN is activated, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the EPFO portal.
- Click on the tab which reads ‘Our Services’.
- Choose the option that reads 'for employees', in the drop down menu.
- Click on the Services
- Select the option of 'member passbook' under the drop down.
- After this, a log in page will be displayed. Enter your UAN and password.
- Post this step, you will get access to your EPF account and can check your account balance.
The SMS method:
To check your EPF account balance through the means of SMS, one needs to ensure that the UAN is integrated with ones KYC details which includes Aadhar or PAN or bank account details.
If your UAN is integrated with your KYC details, then drop an SMS on the number 7738299899. The SMS text should read EPFOHO UAN ENG. Here the last three letters determine the language of preference which one can change according to need. On just needs to type the first three letters of the language. For example, it will be HIN for Hindi, MAR for Marathi and TAM for Tamil language.
The Missed Call Method:
To check your EPF account balance by making a missed call to the registered toll free number, one needs to ensure that the UAN is integrated with ones KYC details which includes Aadhaar or PAN or bank account details. The individual should also ensure that the call is made form the registered mobile number only.
If your UAN is integrated with your KYC details, then give a missed call on 011-22901406.
Post the call, the individual will receive an SMS which will contain all you PF account details.
The EPFO App Method:
To check your PF account balance, make sure that your UAN is activated. If not then inquire with your employer.
- Download 'm-sewa app of EPFO' on Google Play Store
- Open the application
- Click on member
- Then click on Balance/Passbook
- Enter your UAN and registered mobile number
- The application's system will verify your mobile number and UAN. if it is accurate then you will get access to your PF account details.
The UMANG App Method:
The UMANG application is a one stop government app wherein the citizen can get access to all the government public schemes which includes EPFO. One can check their EPF account details through this app as well. Make sure your UAN is activated and that your mobile number is registered. if not, contact your employer.
- Download UMANG app on your mobile device
- Open the app
- Click on EPFO option
- Select Employee Centric services from the options
- Click on View Passbook.
- A pop up will appear asking for you UAN. Enter the UAN.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- Post entering the OTP, one can get access to their PF account details.
- The viewing will lock itself if it notices a long span of inactivity for security reasons.