- IRDAI sets a target of 5 years for life insurance companies for greater penetration; proposes state-level committee
- Dalal Street Corner: Bank, FMCG stocks help Nifty clear crucial hurdle of 15,800; what should investors do on Tuesday?
- Despite windfall tax, brokerages remain bullish on oil & gas stocks; see up to 70% upside on ONGC, Oil India
- Rupee settles flat at 78.94 against US dollar
- Akasa Air showcases crew uniform; conducts proving flight test
EPFO queries about PF account, UAN number, pension, OTP verification at epfigms.gov.in
EPFO manages all aspects of your provident fund. The regulatory body provides a UAN number which acts as a vital tool for claiming and reviewing the PF account.
The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on Tuesday, guided citizens who are having provident fund account to send their grievances to the regulatory body. Every month, an employer transfers a sum which is called as provident fund to an employees' account. Investment in PF account is made from an employees' basic salary. EPFO manages all aspects of your provident fund. The regulatory body provides a UAN number which acts as a vital tool for claiming and reviewing the PF account. That said, there can be various issues which an employee may face, while operating their PF account. These include - cannot find out the status of your UAN, or pensioners cannot view their PPO number validation, etc.
Taking into consideration the PF grievances, EPFO via its Twitter account said, “You are requested to register your grievance at https://epfigms.gov.in/.”
EPFO adds, if you have already registered your grievance, then you can check status at https://epfigms.gov.in/Status.
You are requested to register your grievance at https://t.co/Dv0S0bwXTS
— EPFO (@socialepfo) June 10, 2019
Once clicked on the mentioned website, you can register and upload your grievance document. Also, if no response has been made from EPFO, then you can also send reminder and view status actively.
Features of this new method of EPFO are:
- Grievance can be lodged by PF member, EPS Pensioner, Employer and Others
- OTP verification
- Online lodging of grievance/complaint based on UAN
- UAN integrated with master data base of EPFO resulting in identification of EPF office for redress of grievance
- Grievance can be lodged for multiple PF numbers available in UAN
- PPO number validation/integration (for EPS pensioners) with centralised data base of EPFO
To ensure better performance of PF account, EPFO allows more than one grievances document availment. Also, comprehensive categorization for identifying the grievance prone areas. Additionally, you can also provide feedback on redress of grievance.
Further, once a grievance is registered, system generates a unique registration number and auto generates acknowledgement through SMS & email. There is ease of registration of grievance and faster redressal after revamp.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.