EPFO interest to be credited in accounts before this date; check balance on epfindia.gov.in, UMANG App this way
EPFO News Updates: The wait for members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is nearly over and this is how over 6 cr employees will be benefitted. The government will soon be transferring EPFO interest amount in the accounts of the employees at the rate of 8.5 per cent before January 1, 2021
EPFO News Updates: The wait for members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is nearly over and this is how over 6 cr employees will be benefitted. The government will soon be transferring EPFO interest amount in the accounts of the employees at the rate of 8.5 per cent before January 1, 2021.
Earlier in September, in a meeting of trustees chaired by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Ministry of Labour and Employment Santosh Gangwar and the EPFO announced putting EPFO interest rate in two instalments of 8.15 per cent and 0.35 per cent.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
According to reports citing top sources, it is being said that the labour ministry has sent a proposal to the Ministry of Finance to provide a one-time interest amount of 8.5 per cent for the year 2019-20 rather than in 2 installments. The proposal was sent in December itself.
The reports stated that the officials have indicated that the decision on this is likely to come soon. The officials have expressed hope for the proposal to get an approval. The amount is likely to get transferred in the accounts of the EPFO members.
Know how to check EPF account balance:
- Visit the official EPFO website epfindia.gov.in
- Click on the e-Passbook option that will take you to passbook.epfindia.gov.in
- You are required to put your UAN number, password and captcha code
- After filling all the details, a new page will open where you will be required to open member id
- You will be able to see the total EPF balance in your accounts
How to check balance through UMANG App
- Open the UMANG App (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) and click on EPFO.
- Click on Employee Centric Services on another page
- Click on the View Passbook option
- Put your UAN number and password (OTP) which will be received on your registered mobile number.
- You can now check your EPF balance
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.